Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I couldn't be anymore happy with my 6plus purchase. Never crossed my mind if I had made the wrong decision or not. Love everything about it. Not just need Apple pay and apps to be updated.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
The + is awesome. I loaded a 4k video on this thing just b/c I could and holy hell did it look awesome (downscaled and all) Best iPhone ever. And that battery life >>>>>>

jkeekij

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
Traded my 6 for the 6+ this afternoon. Couldn't be happier, love this device.

fiveainone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2011
Anyone regret spending more money to upgrade to 6 plus, when you already had a 5s?

I wasn't going to get one, but after playing with the plus today in stores.. wow. The screen size just makes pictures(Instagram) and web browsing so much better. But that's all there is.. size and battery. I bet the 6S+ will have higher megapixel camera.. Mine's arriving tomorrow, still can't decide whether to keep it or wait for S, my 2 year cycle one.

L-Tuned

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2012
Couldn't be happier with 6+. To be honest, I was a little worry what if I can't adopt to the screen size but after exact 1 weeks of use I am completely used to it.

sprungson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Silicon Valley
Anyone regret spending more money to upgrade to 6 plus, when you already had a 5s?

I wasn't going to get one, but after playing with the plus today in stores.. wow. The screen size just makes pictures(Instagram) and web browsing so much better. But that's all there is.. size and battery. I bet the 6S+ will have higher megapixel camera.. Mine's arriving tomorrow, still can't decide whether to keep it or wait for S, my 2 year cycle one.

I got the 5S in July after I broke my Note 3. I paid full price coming from a 5S and no regret spending the money. I have not put this phone down for 2 weeks haha

Nate.

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
Chicago, IL
After 2 weeks of using my iPhone 6+ now, i just have to say I'm so satisfied with the 6+.

Particularly satisified with the battery and camera. I pulled my phone off my charger at 11PM last night, and it's now 2:17PM and it is still at 70% battery. That is 15 hours standby and 4.5 hours of usage. And, the camera just takes amazing photos.

Anyone else feeling this satisfaction that i have? :D:D:D

I actually love it, and a lot of people have said they like it too, which is surprising.. at least to me.. because it's the 6+. A lot of people say it's huge but then say they kind of like it and can see getting used to it like I have.

Whenever I've tried messing around on the regular 6 it just doesn't feel like a worthwhile upgrade from the 5S. I respect those with the 6 and their choice to get it, I just can't see myself with one. I love my 6+.

Lashae

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I've only has my Plus for a day and a half and I couldn't be happier!

I originally pre-ordered the 6 because I thought the Plus was ridiculous and obnoxious and I thought it was way too big for my hands. I received my 6 on the 19th and although it is a beautiful, amazing device, I found that I was lusting after the Plus which is not normal for someone who just got a new device.

I went and picked up a Plus yesterday, and I now realize that i'm clearly ridiculous and obnoxious because I LOVE it! The 6 or any other phone are the furthest thing from my mind. It is huge and one handed use is not even an option at anytime for me, but it's beautiful. This was definitely the phone for me, I'm sending the 6 back on Saturday. :D

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
After 2 weeks of using my iPhone 6+ now, i just have to say I'm so satisfied with the 6+.

Particularly satisified with the battery and camera. I pulled my phone off my charger at 11PM last night, and it's now 2:17PM and it is still at 70% battery. That is 15 hours standby and 4.5 hours of usage. And, the camera just takes amazing photos.

Glad you are "so satisfied" OP.

Attachments

• smoking-in-bed.jpg
    smoking-in-bed.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 75

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I agree. The 6+ is really growing on me. The other day I put the Apple silicon case on and its very easy to grip now. Doesn't slip out of my hand at all.

The screen is just wonderful and actually looks better than the iPad Air.

VidPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2011
Loving the 6 Plus too. I got it on Monday and fell in love with the screen. I was a bit worried about the size but after a couple of days I'm not sure I could go back to a smaller phone. :)

sprungson

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2014
Silicon Valley
Glad you are "so satisfied" OP.

This picture is exactly what i do before bed with my 6+ playing word with friends. LOL

----------

I agree. The 6+ is really growing on me. The other day I put the Apple silicon case on and its very easy to grip now. Doesn't slip out of my hand at all.

The screen is just wonderful and actually looks better than the iPad Air.

I got the leather red apple case, and I'm actually really satisfied with that too. I'm waiting for the CM4 Q card or an incase wallet case to come out.

BTW, i'm really glad for all the positivity on this thread as i was getting tired of all the negativity too.

Clive64

Cancelled
Feb 19, 2011
I have the iPhone 6 and am amazed at the battery life
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412351285.990895.jpg

I may get the plus next upgrade cycle

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I just got my plus yesterday and really like it. Before I got it I was very concerned that I would find it way too big. Reading these forums made me question my decision even more. However once I had my own phone to play with it haven't had any regrets.

The only issues I've had are some lags every now and again. I hope it's just a software issue that will resolve with the next update. Otherwise I like everything about it - the screen is awesome, love the design with the rounded edges. The previous silver bevel was pretty but very easily scratched.

ThaRagingAsian

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2014

I have to agree with you as well. 5.5" satisfies me in so many ways. I don't regret this size at all.

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
"Satisfied" is a understatement as the 6+ is by far the best handset I have ever owned. The battery life speaks for itself. I'm also in love with the 'Reachability' feature. I use the device 1-handed 80% of the time. Thanks Apple!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412599519.059794.jpg

JoJoCal19

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
"Satisfied" is a understatement as the 6+ is by far the best handset I have ever owned. The battery life speaks for itself. I'm also in love with the 'Reachability' feature. I use the device 1-handed 80% of the time. Thanks Apple!!

View attachment 501408

That battery life is boss. I am using a 6 until my 6+ delivers and the 8 hours I'm getting is kind of annoying. Maybe fine for most people, but I'd like to be hitting 12-14 with the 6+ and I'll be happy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.