Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
Just done the same thing, the 6 compared to the Plus is a no contest. Plus battery and screen are so much better. 6 feels like a 5S in a bigger shell. Plus feels like a new exciting iPhone which i love like i did with the very first iPhone. People need to try the Plus out, highly recommend it.

Cool Pup

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2010
Dallas, TX
I've felt like I needed to exchange to a 6, but then I realize how much better the Plus is in comparison to it in terms of battery and screen resolution. The camera is a wash in my mind, but the stabilization is of course nice.

I must say, I do like this screen a lot. It is a little too big to use in the same function as I did with my 5s, but that's not really a bad thing. It takes getting used to, but I think that having this device for how I use my phone (streaming video, media, reading) makes it a wonderful tradeoff.

I'll probably go back to the 4.7 size next time around, but I'm enjoying and will enjoy the year I have with this device. The biggest pitfall of the iPhone 6 is the battery life, because it's hardly better than the 5s, which was always down to near critical level after a full day of use. I've been at 50-40 percent by the time I'd be down to 5 percent on an iPhone 6 or 5s.

Bane-Thunder

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2014
Well I originally got the iPhone 6 Plus Silver on 19/9 I thought it was great at first, then started to realize it was too big for my tastes. The larger screen was nice but it felt clunky and in the gym i knew i couldnt jog with it in my pocket.

When a manager at my work place showed me his normal iPhone 6 space grey, i was full of jelly. Cause it was the perfect size in my eyes. Anyway I sold my 6 plus on ebay and bought a iPhone 6 space grey 64gb and i couldnt be happier.

I cant see myself going back to the 6 plus cause its just not for me although i used to think large phones would be good for me. Its probably why ive never converted to Android (not just the horrible OS) but I just dont want a Extra large phone.

iApPel

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2014
"So I ordered the 6 Plus. Loved it from the minute I held it. But I wasn't quite sure if I made the right choice. So I began listening to the "it's too big" crowd. So I tried to see if I could find a 6. Found one and activated it. At first I was satisfied because of the size. But within 24 hours I knew I made a mistake. In the end I missed the big screen. All the slight negatives I had with the 6 Plus were worth the size. I'm glad I got the 6. It made me realize how much I loved the 5.5 inch iPhone. In the end it is an individual preference but having a large screen at your fingertips is worth any hassle it brings."
-----------------

Same here. I bought the plus en went back to the store to change it for the 6. The 4.7 is more ergonomic en feels better if you are going to make a lot of calls and in your pocket.

But......the 5.5 plus is really amazing :rolleyes: and a better choice if you want to more browsing, playing video's and games, productivity. Last but not least: the battery is also a big improvement. So, glad that I decided to pick-up the plus again and it looks really great!

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Exactly what Min said above. The 6+ is not a phone you can just pickup in the store and decide right there on the spot if its too big for you or not. All of us with iPhones are obviously coming from the 5S which is a small screened phone by industry standards. What I'm saying is that its hard to have any other phone once you've owned and got used to the 6+'s screen. People who had the 6+ and then went to the 6 will always get envious when they see someone with the 6+ out in public because they know just how nice that screen is. And then once the developers and apps catch up they will have switchers remorse.

That laggy, downscaling, abomination?

Nope.

The 6 is buttery smooth and the vibration motor doesn't sound like a rusty gate opening.

No jealousy here. The 6 is the superior device. Enjoy LAGzilla though... It's a nice phablet if you're willing to make a bunch of compromises.

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
That laggy, downscaling, abomination?

Nope.

The 6 is buttery smooth and the vibration motor doesn't sound like a rusty gate opening.

No jealousy here. The 6 is the superior device. Enjoy LAGzilla though... It's a nice phablet if you're willing to make a bunch of compromises.

Everything you said screams jealousy and the fact you had to point out you are not then go on to say everything bad about the Plus you possibly could. I own both currently and the 6 is going back, feels like a toy and battery is still poor by todays standards. If you enjoy the 6 then cool, I dont but its not a bad phone by any means but its a 5S in a bigger shell.

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Everything you said screams jealousy and the fact you had to point out you are not then go on to say everything bad about the Plus you possibly could. I own both currently and the 6 is going back, feels like a toy and battery is still poor by todays standards. If you enjoy the 6 then cool, I dont but its not a bad phone by any means but its a 5S in a bigger shell.

As someone who's returned more +'s (two, one my brother's and one for a friend at work) than you'll own, I can only assure you that if I had even the SLIGHTEST amount of jelousy I could have easily had myself an iPhone Titanic.

Just because someone points out flaws in a device doesn't make them jealous lol... by your logic, Apple fanboys are all jealous of Samsung's plastic phones.

If you're happy with a phone that lags because of hardware OUT OF THE BOX, then fabulous. I'd venture to guess you aren't as OCD as most fanboys, and for that I really do applaud you.

It doesn't change the fact that you are compromising a lag free experience for .8" of screen real estate, but it's your choice to do so.

I'd prefer to have a device that DOESN'T jitter and lag, but hey, I guess that makes me jelly? Okie Dokie :p

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
As someone who's returned more +'s (two, one my brother's and one for a friend at work) than you'll own, I can only assure you that if I had even the SLIGHTEST amount of jelousy I could have easily had myself an iPhone Titanic.

Just because someone points out flaws in a device doesn't make them jealous lol... by your logic, Apple fanboys are all jealous of Samsung's plastic phones.

If you're happy with a phone that lags because of hardware OUT OF THE BOX, then fabulous. I'd venture to guess you aren't as OCD as most fanboys, and for that I really do applaud you.

It doesn't change the fact that you are compromising a lag free experience for .8" of screen real estate, but it's your choice to do so.

I'd prefer to have a device that DOESN'T jitter and lag, but hey, I guess that makes me jelly? Okie Dokie :p

I wasn't attacking you like most would do on here just how it read to me, apologises. What lag you talking about there is none on mine (yet to see any). Each to their own.

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
I wasn't attacking you like most would do on here just how it read to me, apologises. What lag you talking about there is none on mine (yet to see any). Each to their own.

I think Apple acknowledges the 6 is the second tier phone. Even there model numbers show that. :rolleyes:

iPhone 6 = iPhone 7,2
iPhone 6 Plus = iPhone 7,1

metzy25

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011

Agree with this. I've had no lag what so ever on my plus. It's been a great device. I Returned my 6 to get a 6 plus as well and I don't feel I'm compromising on anything. Like many have said the iphone 6 doesn't feel like a huge upgrade coming from a 5s as compared to the 5s to the 6 plus. Both are great devices but iphone 6 owners are missing out on a little bit more features.

recklesslife85

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2012
Agree with this. I've had no lag what so ever on my plus. It's been a great device. I Returned my 6 to get a 6 plus as well and I don't feel I'm compromising on anything. Like many have said the iphone 6 doesn't feel like a huge upgrade coming from a 5s as compared to the 5s to the 6 plus. Both are great devices but iphone 6 owners are missing out on a little bit more features.

Best phone I've ever owned and a iPhone with good battery life is a total winner for me and the screen is top notch.

Last edited:

HeadphoneAddict

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2007
Well, after living with the iPhone 6 for 2 weeks the 6+ arrived today, and the size if definitely attention grabbing.

It's a little unwieldy to use one handed in my Incipio DualPro case, vs no case, but it's a very pocketable and stiff combo (not bendy). Still, I may need a slimmer case, but one that offers more protection than the apple case. I really need to get it into a slimmer case, which could greatly improve the ergonomics.

I have a "Tech21 classic check" case for my 6 that I love due to it's thinness + grip + plus protection, so I'll look for one of those (still "coming soon" at best but). This case needed to be used to get grippier with time, and I've grown into it.

The OIS is great, and I could take a video of the road in front of me in a moving car, and in the playback the road and trees and street lights were all rock steady, while the visible part of the car's hood was bouncing up and down. I know the phone was moving around, but you couldn't couldn't tell from the video. And still photos while taking a brisk walk didn't show any blur.

I'll need to play with both phones for a few days, but I wasn't convinced enough with the 6+ to return the iPhone 6 today, which had a 9PM deadline to go back to Apple. We always keep an unlocked iPhone around as a spare, and it's not uncommon to rotate it into service when we break a phone. So keeping the 6 and 6+ won't be an issue. If I return the 6+ we'll keep our unlock 4s as the spare.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
As someone who originally had a 6 and exchanged for a 6+, let me say...

They are BOTH good phones and neither is objectively better than the other. One may be better for YOU depending on your needs.

The 6 hits a home run with portability and ergonomics IMO but compromises a bit on display resolution, features, and battery life. I think the size is just about perfect.

The 6+ has the best display to ever grace an iPhone and amazing battery life but compromises on portability and ease of one-handed use. I'm not going to mention any performance criteria because the difference between the two was negligible IMO. Also, give iOS 8 a chance to get to 8.1 before blaming the phone. I think we can all agree it still needs a lot of refinement. Remember iOS 7.0??

I decided that the improved display and extended battery life in th 6+ were most important features to ME and knew I would have to compromise on the portability and ergonomics categories. No problem, it's a trade-off I don't regret one bit.

In summary, be happy with the phone you picked and realize that when it comes to opinion and personal preferences, there is no right or wrong. It's extremely childish and immature to attempt to prove otherwise. Can't we all just get along and respect each other's choices? :)

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
Can't we all just get along and respect each other's choices? :)

I've been tempted to say the same thing. It's pretty embarrassing how so many people have divided up into "camps" that prefer one size to the other and feel they have to make potshots at the other side. They're both great phones and both are better suited to some people than others.

The problem with the Plus in my mind is that you really have to use it for at least a week or so to fully appreciate if it's right for you. It's not the kind of thing you can really grasp in a store. I'm in the middle of the process right now. The first day or two I was having some serious doubts, but I'm starting to swing the other way now. We'll see. The size of the 6 is just about perfect in my mind, so I have to decide if the added size and weight of the Plus (not to mention the added expense) outweighs the other advantages.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
The problem with the Plus in my mind is that you really have to use it for at least a week or so to fully appreciate if it's right for you. It's not the kind of thing you can really grasp in a store.

Agreed. Hence why a lot of people returned it after 1-2 weeks of living with it day to day. It really does take some adjustment coming from any previous iPhone. Some happily make that adjustment and others realize they can't or don't want to.

Isn't it great that we have choice among new iPhone models now? I think so...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.