Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alexis1537

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2003
Paris, France
Essentially it's Fall now.

So odd, I love their willingness to hold off a bit for a better product, but it's amazing how laid back they seem to be about releasing it.

I totally agree.

I've just sent them a polite email enquiring as to availability. We'll see what they have to say (they were pretty responsive last time).

Cubemmal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2013
Is it my imagination or did the price increase? It's $600 now for the Pro version without disks.

CptSky

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2013
Is it my imagination or did the price increase? It's $600 now for the Pro version without disks.

The price increased. After being delayed so much, they might have realized that the initial price would no longer make sense as they keep investing in the development without releasing the product. But 600$ for the Pro version... I'll start to ask me whether or not I buy the dock.

Alexis1537

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2003
Paris, France
I tried that about a week ago and didn't get any response :(

Got a message from them today stating that they were awaiting a apple certification for the device, that they are ready to go into full production and should be shipping at the end of this year! Well, at least that's something.

Kyle-K

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2014
Regional, Western Australia.
Got a message from them today stating that they were awaiting a apple certification for the device, that they are ready to go into full production and should be shipping at the end of this year! Well, at least that's something.

I wouldn't be getting my hopes up, unfortunately I have looked at other solutions and nothing seems to be as good as this.

So here's hoping, they get their S together.

g4cube

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2003
Certification is easier said than done. The problem with docks is getting ALL devices/connections working correctly in all scenarios.

Belkin just got a new version of their dock out to the market. Thunderbolt2 this time, so support for 4K display.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.