Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nstahl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I have a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina, Nighthawk router, live in the country (no other wireless networks around me), have a 3rd generation Apple Tv. I went up to the sound icon in the Menu Bar and chose the Apple TV so that I could play some SoundCloud through it to my sound bar and all the thing does is lag every once and a while. I cannot figure out how to fix it. If it doesn't lag, it will just disconnect. Even when I mirror the screen to watch a movie, it lags like all hell. Any suggestions?

Here is a video of the lagging: http://youtu.be/CnkWXfOKc-E

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
I have a 2013 Macbook Pro Retina, Nighthawk router, live in the country (no other wireless networks around me), have a 3rd generation Apple Tv. I went up to the sound icon in the Menu Bar and chose the Apple TV so that I could play some SoundCloud through it to my sound bar and all the thing does is lag every once and a while. I cannot figure out how to fix it. If it doesn't lag, it will just disconnect. Even when I mirror the screen to watch a movie, it lags like all hell. Any suggestions?

Here is a video of the lagging: http://youtu.be/CnkWXfOKc-E
I suspect your router is most likely the culprit. If you have an iDevice running iOS 8 and your ATV is running the latest 7.0 software, you can use AirPlay Peer-to-Peer and take the router completely out of the equation. If not, you could always try swapping out the router and see if the problem goes away.

nstahl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
I suspect your router is most likely the culprit. If you have an iDevice running iOS 8 and your ATV is running the latest 7.0 software, you can use AirPlay Peer-to-Peer and take the router completely out of the equation. If not, you could always try swapping out the router and see if the problem goes away.

Yeah our old router was the problem before, however this is the Nighthawk... there should be no problem with it haha, for what I paid lol. But yes, the Mac iPhone and Apple TV are all 100% up to date. I did not know they had a peer-to-peer thing on it now, but i'll give that a try.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.