Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FlamingManiac

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2014
Does the Kinivo automatically connect even when it is not connected to an always-on outlet? Most people that mention the fact that this device autoconnects don't mention the fact that it is always on if it has power...if I set it to only have power when my car is turned on, I'm not sure if that means I will have to press a button every time.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Does the Kinivo automatically connect even when it is not connected to an always-on outlet? Most people that mention the fact that this device autoconnects don't mention the fact that it is always on if it has power...if I set it to only have power when my car is turned on, I'm not sure if that means I will have to press a button every time.

It auto connects from a ignition on outlet.

edgarcalifornia

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2014
Sorry to bring an old post to life.
I am looking for two things for my Tacoma original stereo setup: An aux bluetooth adapter, and a sound booster for the aux input. I barely hear anything when driving on the freeway.
It would be awesome if I find something that combines both.
Thanks.

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Sorry to bring an old post to life.
I am looking for two things for my Tacoma original stereo setup: An aux bluetooth adapter, and a sound booster for the aux input. I barely hear anything when driving on the freeway.
It would be awesome if I find something that combines both.
Thanks.

I assume the aux input is a 3.5mn audio jack? If so the suggestions in this thread are good.

The following applies to both a patch cord or a Bluetooth adapter.
As far as a booster. I don't think you should need one. When using the 3.5mm headphone jack to patch into a aux jack, the volume is controlled by BOTH units.
With everything connected, turn the volume on the car all the way down. Then turn phone music volume all the way up. Start listening to something and slowly turn the volume of the car stereo up. It should have plenty of volume at lower levels now.

The iPhone's remembers volume levels for different audio sources. So when you disconnect from the 3.5mm the volume of the phone should drop down to what you had it set to with nothing connected.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008

rstark18

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2009
Are there any that support multiple devices? I'd like to have both my wife and mine configured.

17MBPC2D

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2006
10/1/14 sold

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NLTW60/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've purchased and tried many others....this is by far the BEST!

Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX
thru Amazon

BTW, I just bought a 2015 Honda Fit EX which has built-in Bluetooth capabilities. If anyone like to purchase my used (Mint, perfect condition) Kinivo BTC450 with new OEM double sided sticker to apply unit to whereever you want in your car, please PM me. $25.00 shipped to anywhere in the U.S.

Last edited:

VitoHGrind

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2008
BTW, I just bought a 2015 Honda Fit EX which has built-in Bluetooth capabilities. If anyone like to purchase my used (Mint, perfect condition) Kinivo BTC450 with new OEM double sided sticker to apply unit to whereever you want in your car, please PM me. $25.00 shipped to anywhere in the U.S.

I'm interested in this unit along with the Belkin and Motorola Roadster units, but I have a question about call notifications. If you're listening to fm, cd, sat radio, or any source that's not your phone, how are you notified of an incoming call? With the Belkin I believe the little button flashes and with the Moto it seems like it just announces using the unit's speakers. But how are you notified of a call with the Kinivo?

Vader

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2004
Saint Charles, MO

Not allowed to PM you for some reason, but I'm also interested in your Kinivio BTC450

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Best bluetooth receiver for car audio/aux input?

I know this thread is kind of dead but for those of you still looking I have this one. HomeSpot NFC-enabled Bluetooth Audio Receiver for Car Audio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G57CWZ8/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_HDglub1JXJVHF
Been working very good! I couldn't ask for more. I have a 2008 G37s coupe and it has an aux connection which I used this device posted above to connect to and that turns my aux connection into a Bluetooth connection with my phone and still able to connect via Bluetooth to my car for phone calls and what not. As i said I highly recommend it, exactly what I was looking for!

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
I just bought this and it is great. Thanks for the tip

This item is still going strong in my 2008 g37 with no Bluetooth for music, only phone, so I used this to make the music bluetooth. I purchased this in august 2014 glad it still works as I'm sure they have newer models out now. Glad it was able to help you.

Reactions: DragosBT

GoshaCruel

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2018
I have Kinivo BTC450 and definitely it is one of the best bluetooth car kit on the market .This Bluetooth hands-free device will allow you to answer the phone without taking your eyes off the road.The Kinivo BTC450 is compatible with any Bluetooth device, whether it’s an iPhone, a Blackberry, or an Android. The device has a built-in microphone that will easily catch everything you say, and it’s even capable of canceling the ambient noises in your car so the person on the other end of the line will hear you clearly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.