Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
Hi,

Can someone please recommend a free password manager for my macbook pro?

Thanks in advance!

tm0000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 29, 2014
I'm actually looking for an app that can store my login info and passwords. I don't need a browser extension.. or autofill type thing.

Thanks!

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
I'm actually looking for an app that can store my login info and passwords. I don't need a browser extension.. or autofill type thing.

Thanks!

Keychain can also be used for secure storage of non-browser passwords and other info you want to keep secure. You'd open and log into Keychain Access, and use the "+" to add new info.

It's not as easy to use as the paid apps, but the price is right.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
While not free, 1Password, I think its worth the price. If you still want free, the Lastpass is good.

AGKyle

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2012
1password, and also wallet; both great apps (am currently using wallet on my mac and my iphone...)

If you're talking about the Acrylic's "Wallet" I would not suggest using it since it is more or less no longer being updated by the developer (he now works for Facebook). At the very least I wouldn't suggest moving to it over the many alternatives that are still being actively developed every day.

We see a lot of customers of ours who are moving away from Wallet and it's a bit of a pain to do.

Edit: link here: http://blog.acrylicapps.com/post/27635101056/our-next-project-facebook

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.