Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Are you guys using the stock USB power adapter that came with the phone?

I was noticing the "Accessory not supported" popup too, but I was using a non-Apple USB power adapter (using the one from my LG G3). I switched to the stock Apple one and haven't seen the issue since.

sahni130

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I get this with the Amazon basics cable which is apple certified, supposedly.
Also, in using a Lighting-to-30 pin adapter in my bmw....I wanna say I did not get this before 8.02 on the 6 plus, but I may be wrong. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way around it in my case as I do not have Bluetooth. Can we expect this to be fixed with a software update?

Ghostbuster386

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2014
Orlando, FL

I was noticing the "Accessory not supported" popup too, but I was using a non-Apple USB power adapter (using the one from my LG G3). I switched to the stock Apple one and haven't seen the issue since.

I was getting the message with a stock cable and power adapter.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012

I'm not using the stop wall plug but do not get this message.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
just an update...

I found out what was causing this.

having LTE enabled makes the phone do this once beyond 100%.

turning it off and switching to 3g I believe makes it not show.

like I said the phone gets warm after it stays beyond 100% then eventually shoots the error at me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.