Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonicrobby

macrumors 68020
Apr 24, 2013
New Orleans
Ive actually had mine get stuck in landscape mode. I have to do an orientation lock to portrait from the control center to get it to revert back.

EDIT: Actually, I just took the orientation lock off and it went back into landscape mode.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
My wife's iPhone 6 plus gets stuck in landscape mode. Sometimes, putting it to sleep and turning it on fixes it and sometimes she has to restart the phone. Hope they fix it soon.

Taco1933

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2014
I had it happen once. I turned it off and back on and haven't seen it again since.

firoban

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2014
Yes. Happened twice since morning. I was about to start new topic when I found this.

Really annoying. I was actually playing temple run (yes I still play that) and it kept tilting towards right hand side even though I was keeping the phone in opposite direction.

Called apple they ran diagnostics and everything is fine. But if it happens one more time this plus is going back.

Eric5964

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Southeast Michigan
Yes. Happened twice since morning. I was about to start new topic when I found this.

Really annoying. I was actually playing temple run (yes I still play that) and it kept tilting towards right hand side even though I was keeping the phone in opposite direction.

Called apple they ran diagnostics and everything is fine. But if it happens one more time this plus is going back.

I really think it is something that can easily be corrected on a software update

EricE

garyeevans

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
iPhone 6 Plus screen stuck upside down

Same thing happening to me and it's getting very annoying. I'll pull my phone out to answer a text, unlock it, and it goes upside down. The only way I can get it to stop is to lock it. Then after some time, I'll unlock it and it's fine. It's happened 2 or 3 times just today.

Please fix this Apple.

grockk

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2006
I'm having this issue on iPhone 6, 8.0.2. You can rotate pictures but when it happens with video or FaceTime is really bad.

macmedal

macrumors regular
May 17, 2008
Britannia
Yes I have had this happen a couple of times and I also have had it get stuck in landscape mode. Only way I could get it to stop was restarting iOS. I hope this will be rectified in the next forthcoming update.

gully666uk

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2011
Earth
My 64gb 6 plus gets stuck in landscape and portrait and sometimes even upside down. I'm going the apple store tomorrow to hopefully get it swapped.

garyeevans

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Orientation issue fixed for me

Okay, I finally fixed this [see update below!] with the help of Apple Support. No it's not the most elegant solution, and I was skeptical since I thought this was a hardware issue, but it worked perfectly and 100% fixed it.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

You don't lose any data by Resetting all Settings. However, you should note that you will need to turn a few things back on after resetting, all of it in Settings.

Sign back in to iCloud.
Turn on iMessage.
Turn on Facetime.
Turn on Siri (Settings -> General -> Siri).
Set up your Touch ID and Passcode again.
Reset your Wallpaper and any other settings the way you like them.

Gary

UPDATE: After resetting all settings, my orientation issues were fixed for a few days, that's when I wrote the post above. The day after, the issue came back in full force. Now it is just as bad as before, it happens constantly. The strange part is that resetting settings fixed it for several days... it didn't happen once. Now it's happening all the time again.

Apple told me to restore the phone. They said it needs to have the iOS wiped out and replaced with a nice fresh image... grrrr.

Last edited:

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Okay, I finally fixed this with the help of Apple Support. No it's not the most elegant solution, and I was skeptical since I thought this was a hardware issue, but it worked perfectly and 100% fixed it.

Go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings

You don't lose any data by Resetting all Settings. However, you should note that you will need to turn a few things back on after resetting, all of it in Settings.

Sign back in to iCloud.
Turn on iMessage.
Turn on Facetime.
Turn on Siri (Settings -> General -> Siri).
Set up your Touch ID and Passcode again.
Reset your Wallpaper and any other settings the way you like them.

Gary

So it's a software issue then. Man, they REALLY need to fix this with the next iOS update. This is a really annoying bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.