Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How does your Home button feel to press?

• iPhone 6 - feels tactile, clicky and firm to press

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • iPhone 6 - feels soft and light to press

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • iPhone 6 Plus - feels tactile, clicky and firm to press

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • iPhone 6 Plus - feels soft and light to press

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Having had both the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus side-by-side to play around with for a few days, I've noticed that there's a noticeable difference between the two's home buttons:

- The iPhone 6's Home button felt a lot more clicky, firmer and tactile, whereas,

- The iPhone 6 Plus's home button feels very soft to press and doesn't make any 'clicky' noise or feel firm as firm as the iPhone 6's.

Just wondering if this is the same for you guys and how your home button feels to press.

Also, based on my previous iPhones, I've noticed that Home buttons tend to get 'softer' and less 'clicky' to press as time goes by. Personally, I prefer the a more tactile and clicky home button, but maybe I'm being too anal about it all. :|

Last edited:

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
On Friday I swapped my iPhone 6 from a 64gb model to a 128gb, and the first thing I noticed on the new model how much more firm the home button was, less clicky than my previous model.

Capacity is not a factor but after the swap I felt the difference between my previous iPhone 6 and my new one.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
Hmmm, seems like most 6 Plus users are getting a nice and clicky home button, whereas mines just seems soft and cushiony. :(

On Friday I swapped my iPhone 6 from a 64gb model to a 128gb, and the first thing I noticed on the new model how much more firm the home button was, less clicky than my previous model.

Capacity is not a factor but after the swap I felt the difference between my previous iPhone 6 and my new one.

Interesting to hear that you've experienced a difference between the same model iPhones. Seems like it's not consistent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.