Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ashenfang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Trying to make sure my son's iPhone is erased before its off to its new owner. I had him do it and wasn't paying attention when he did the reset.

The phone is currently at "choose a language" startup screen. (like when you first turn them on new)

I am assuming he chose the correct settings (erase phone and content) since its back to the startup screen. I just want to be sure the phone was correctly reset so the new owner doesn't have access to iTunes and what not.

Does the other option "reset phone to defaults" take you all the way back to the original startup screen as well? Or only the "erase all option"?

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
If you are unsure do it again.

I will took some photos to something black and then I will do again the: ERASE ALL CONTENT AND SETTINGS

One time what I did was delete everything and then I uploaded some new apps and then again delete everything.

With computers you have to write different times the hard drive so that nobody could restore what is inside your hard drive, I don't know if you have to do that on the iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.