Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barncore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Hey guys,
Would really appreciate some help on this!
I'm looking to setup a windows partition on my iMac so that i can play a specific game that just came out recently. (NBA 2k15 - it's the only game i play).
I used to have a partition for windows on this computer until my HD crashed and i had to take it to the Apple Hospital. When i restored my backed up Time Machine mac clone, BootCamp would no longer let me partition anything for some reason.

What happens is: I load up Boot Camp as usual, push Continue passed the Introduction screen, then i get a msg pop up that says:
The startup disk cannot be partitioned or restored to a single partition.

The startup disk must be formatted as a single Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume or already partitioned by Boot Camp Assistant for installing Windows.
Then i push Ok and it goes back to the BootCamp introduction screen. I.e. i can't get passed this msg.
I looked in Disk Utility and of course my internal HD already is Mac OS Extended (Journaled) so i have no idea why it isn't being recognised as one partition.

What do i have to do to be able to install windows on this computer without having to format my entire Mac? I have a 1TB external HD that i can backup my mac with using Time Machine, but i really need the exact clone of what i have right now.
Or is there any other way to play 64bit windows7 games on mac?

Some specs:
- Boot Camp Assistant version is 3.0.1
- Mac OSX 10.6.2 (yeah i guess i'm old school now)
- 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM
- I have no other partitions currently, just my current mac one

Any questions just ask. I would love to resolve this tonight.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.