Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iolinux333

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2014
You Americans have too much time on your hands. It seems for your favored past time is to tell other people what to do. I'd be in favor for America to be a free union, like EU today, with those individual freedoms you long forgot. And them guns and the killing police. I'd rather sit in Paris, have a beer and smoke. You can have ll the apple you want in Paris, but you sure cannot have Paris at apple. :)

We will kick your tiny little French ass bro.

nando87

Cancelled
Jun 25, 2014
This watch isn't made for affluent people. It's made for mid class normal people who want to be trendy. Now all they have to do is make it trendy.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I would not listen to Hallmark, the Rose Growers Assoc., or ,especially, not De Beers as to what women consider properly romantic gifts.

I'm sure you wouldn't. But I've had great success and my lady deserves nice things and appreciation regardless. :)

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
I agree that marketing to the "watch community" is where the success would be. But that's why a digital watch is not for me.

In nearly all the promotion images and demonstration/presentation tables in the videos, the watches have faces (since they are activated). But when you wear this thing, people will see a black screen on your hand. The active interface is only for the user. With traditional watches, everyone can see your fashion choice.

So this thing is all about tricking watch people into believing the active interface plays a roll in how others see your watch.

This is how Apple works. the design is radical enough to set itself apart from every other watch on the market. someone sees you wearing it, asks, "is that the apple Watch?" , you say yes, give them a 3 second demo as you wake the display and show off to them how fluid the UI is without even knowing it. BAM, Apple makes another sale. This is viral.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.