Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

John.B

macrumors 601
Jan 15, 2008
Holocene Epoch
Downloaded a few of my wife's purchases and the all got added to my iTunes Match account. I love Family Sharing!

I really wish someone would publish a comprehensive, top-to-bottom review of Family Sharing, with all the caveats, restrictions (i.e. locked out accounts), and doesn't-work-like-you'd-expect scenarios.

When I went to set up my daughter's phone, there was so much conflicting information I punted and set it up with a separate account...

D-Dave

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else think that apple's current direction of software developement is odd...polishing UIs (with doubtful success) while taking away established functionality does not seem to be a clever approach.

Examples:
iTunes (and iOS Music App) no longer handle chapter info of audiobooks (used to work perfectly...was in fact one of the reasons why i got my first iphone)

iOS Photo App: taking away camera roll but displaying every sub album as a separate one...come on apple, this is a sync between your desktop software and your mobile...even MS can handle that

....striving to get rid of the only thing that is keeping me sane while using itunes (sidebar)...they hide it after every update and now seem to have taken the move to get rid of it once and for all

BTW, what is most frustrating about those issues is that you get support answers like: "that function is no longer needed and for this reason no longer supported"
yeah....well....right, i must have forgotten that I realy like to try and find a specific chapter of a 12h audiobook by scrubbing the timeline on my iphone or imac....much better then having a list of chapters and select it right away....where is the magic in that...

sorry for rambeling, but for my specific usage pattern every new release cuts away another usefull aspect of iOS or itunes and replaces it with either new shiny icons or rather annoying features (ping).
Function follows Form is NOT a designapproach, it is a accident waiting to happen

sebastiann01

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2013
i can't copy and paste lyrics to any song in iTunes. anyone else have those problems, i noticed them once i installed the 8.1 update

imasterus

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
iTunes 12 version

Could someone tell me the number of the latest version of the iTunes 12?
Mine is 12.0.0.117. However software update shows that the latest version is available and I just can't download or install it.
Thanks!

Encolpius

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2009
Seattle
Ugh. What an awful piece of cr@p. I've submitted numerous bug reports on the following issues:

• Syncs that can take hours, and in some cases never, to complete.
  • Syncs stuck in step 5, with no files being copied to the device
  • The awful tag editing window
  • Files in a playlist aren't copied, when they copied fine before
  • Covers being REMOVED from albums that are synced with the device, when they synced fine before
  • I've had to totally wipe and reload my iPhone 6 twice now, with another planned this weekend, in order to get my playlists in iTunes and what is on the phone to match.

If I could go back to iTunes 11 without losing weeks of metadata and play counts, I would.

Last edited:

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Could someone tell me the number of the latest version of the iTunes 12?
Mine is 12.0.0.117. However software update shows that the latest version is available and I just can't download or install it.
Thanks!

12.0.0.140 is what I have - that's the same one I had after the first GM update.

PuruPurfler

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2016
Double click on the song after you click repeat the manual way from the menu on itunes by right clicking or whatever you set your touchpad gesture too. It’ll appear after you double click the song and it starts over.

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Double click on the song after you click repeat the manual way from the menu on itunes by right clicking or whatever you set your touchpad gesture too. It’ll appear after you double click the song and it starts over.
You just resurrected a more-than-2-year-old thread about a beta version of iTunes that doesn't exist anymore. Welcome to the Forums...

Reactions: Luap
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.