Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nychic099

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Apparently I should have ordered directly from Apple instead of from AT&T. Ordered my silver 64g iphone 6 on 9/27 and my estimated shipping dates are 10/16-10/27 and it's been backordered since I ordered it. :mad:

JROC453

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
South Florida
Pretty happy right now!! I ordered two iphone 6's one 16gb gold and one 64gb silver with AT&T last Thursday. I cancelled both on Tuesday and ordered them on Apple.com. Just got my tracking numbers and they have left ZhengZhou, China 10/9/ @ 6:05 PM. So glad I cancelled with AT&T!!!

How do you get UPS to hold the package at your local distribution location? I'm not sure I want to presign for them and I don't want to delay the delivery date at all. I would have to either take a half day on the day its scheduled or I would like to just go to UPS on my lunch and pick them up.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
I ordered through Apple on Oct 1.

Space Gray T-Mobile 64 GB iPhone 6+
Processing still
Expected delivery : Oct 29-Nov 5

Space Gray T-Mobile 64 GB iPhone 6
Shipped - Oct 3
Receiving - Today. Might delay the receiving cos I wanted to compare both phones and might return one.

Never mind, that's an iPhone 6, not 6P.

Last edited:

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
HUH?

10/09/2014 7:22 A.M. Out For Delivery
10/09/2014 6:56 A.M. As requested, the UPS My Choice® delivery change was completed. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility. Pickup must be made within 5 business days.

.voodoo.

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
Finally Shipped

Preordered on 9/12 at 8:15 Eastern
iPhone 6+ 64 GB Gold unlocked from apple.ca
Available to ship: 3 - 4 Weeks
Delivers Oct 16 - 23 Oct by Standard Shipping

Was in Processing for 25 days:mad:
Oct 7 at 8:30 am EST it changed to Preparing For Shipment.:)
Oct 9 at 8:30 am EST it changed to Shipped:)

ZhengZhou, China
10/09/2014 18:05 Departure Scan
10/09/2014 17:19 Location Scan
10/09/2014 14:59 Origin Scan
China 10/09/2014 4:31 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

talmy

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2009
Oregon
HUH?

10/09/2014 7:22 A.M. Out For Delivery
10/09/2014 6:56 A.M. As requested, the UPS My Choice® delivery change was completed. / The receiver arranged to pick up the package at a UPS facility. Pickup must be made within 5 business days.

Just a guess -- it was probably already on the truck, so it was too late for it to be available for pickup today.

----------

For people who ordered the iphone 6 through Apple, how long did it take you to get your phone?

Ordered October 1, delivery today. https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20051316/

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
Just a guess -- it was probably already on the truck, so it was too late for it to be available for pickup today.

Not a good enough excuse, I requested the pickup two days ago and I even got this email from them indicating that "Hi, your package is available for pickup."

keaiChat

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2011
GA
I think so. I'm impatient, I'm not going to sit around and wait for it. I'm picking mine up after work tomorrow, taking the LG back to AT&T and activating the iPhone. Then sitting on the couch for a few hours to set it up. :)

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I've already waited an entire month for the phone. I may as well change to pickup.

----------

:apple::eek::D:pWoot just got the Iphone 6 plus SG 64GB
:(:):confused:

Pics?

afuentes

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2014
Yeah, I'm thinking that too. I've already waited an entire month for the phone. I may as well change to pickup.

----------

Pics?

I would post one when I get home I been using this old 90's phone with no camara for the last 2 week (its driving me nuts:confused:)

LaQuillera14

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Both of my phones have been "out for delivery" since 7:46am(silver) & 7:53am (gold) but I noticed that my approximate delivery time frame doesn't state, "By End of Day." It actually says, "Approximate Delivery Time 1:45 pm - 5:45 pm." I thought that UPS wasn't allowed to give time frames. Should I expect the phones around that time frame or just stick with "by the end of day?"

Last edited:

GunZi

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2012
Ths is my 6+ SG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 136

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
Not a good enough excuse, I requested the pickup two days ago and I even got this email from them indicating that "Hi, your package is available for pickup."

I contact UPS about this via Live Chat and they told me that it is being held at the Center. So I guess their shelf/table is now considered a Vehicle. I'm relieved I can still pick it up and not have to drive back tonight after it get back to the Center.

Did you request pickup or let them deliver it? Mine still says By End of Day.

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
Is/Has anyone sold their old iPhone on ebay? I've done it in the past but last time traded in. It's nice to avoid the ebay hassle and fees but I think that they fetch less trading in.

deBASHmode

macrumors member
My iPhone hasnt even begun to "Prepare to Ship" however, your storytelling is keeping me entertained enough to where i havent gone completely insane yet haha

Glad to be of service - it's keeping me sane as well! Thanks.

I have enjoyed taking part in this forum and enjoy reading all of the discussions. I have to admit that that THESE posts keep me coming back to read more! I've really enjoyed seeing all of this from the phones point of view.

If you're not a writer then you should be because this stuff is hilarious!

Thanks - Well, I do write as part of my job (I'm a user experience content strategist), but it's certainly not comedy.

I'm looking forward to all our phones arriving, and hoping to hear what people think of them!

LaQuillera14

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
I contact UPS about this via Live Chat and they told me that it is being held at the Center. So I guess their shelf/table is now considered a Vehicle. I'm relieved I can still pick it up and not have to drive back tonight after it get back to the Center.

Did you request pickup or let them deliver it? Mine still says By End of Day.

My husband was too paranoid to do the pick up switch, lol. Although, when he finally came home from work at 2am he asked me to make the change so we can pick up the phones. At that time though I was too nervous to make the change and have the phones end up somewhere else LOL. So we're stuck with having the phones delivered. SO JEALOUS you get to pick up your phone pretty soon!!

Wrog

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2014
PacNW
My husband was too paranoid to do the pick up switch, lol. Although, when he finally came home from work at 2am he asked me to make the change so we can pick up the phones. At that time though I was too nervous to make the change and have the phones end up somewhere else LOL. So we're stuck with having the phones delivered. SO JEALOUS you get to pick up your phone pretty soon!!

Unfortunately, I can't pick it up until after work this afternoon. I was going to leave work for lunch and work from home the rest of the day (probably wouldn't do much working while playing around with the new phone :) ). But now the bigwigs are in town so I have to stay at work and attend a meeting they scheduled for this afternoon. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.