Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
or maybe i'm losing my hair from pulling it out each time it synchs and loses my music! #musicgate

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Lol people on here are funny. Reminds me of Facebook/Youtube immature comments.

"A case will solve the problem"
"dont wear skinny jeans and it will solve the problem"
"dont put your phone in your back pocket, that will solve the problem"

so pretty much adapting and overcoming the issues will "solve" the problem

Just because YOUR phone doesnt bend or pull your hair, doesnt mean it ISNT happening to others.

With that said, I havent experienced any hair tugging, but sometimes lint does get stuck between the glass to where i have to pull it out instead of wiping it out.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Hair getting stuck in the bezel of my iP6+ is really bugging me. It isn't quite a gate yet, but its getting there. Earlier in the week, I had a pube stuck in it (don't ask how it got there) and now I have a regular hair in it. I don't really bring the phone up to my head that much.

John6Plus

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
Holland, MI
Hair getting stuck in the bezel of my iP6+ is really bugging me. It isn't quite a gate yet, but its getting there. Earlier in the week, I had a pube stuck in it (don't ask how it got there) and now I have a regular hair in it. I don't really bring the phone up to my head that much.

:eek:

I assumed someone had created an account just to post this, then I saw your join date. You're bordering on TMI there, and yet oddly I want more information. I mean, "pube stuck in it," followed shortly by "I don't really bring the phone up to my head that much," just paints an unfortunate yet oddly intriguing picture.

:apple::D:apple:

They showed a vid on MacBreak weekly of people rubbing it all over their heads, so naturally I had to do the same thing. I have a 6+ and lo and behold, when I took it out of its case, held it as if it's a razor and pretended to shave it caught beard hairs in between the glass and the back. (It freaking hurt!)

It also reminded me of a sensation I had experienced a handful of times back in 'Nam... err, I mean with the 4S or 5S (can't remember which one).

So let this be a lesson: things with hair sized gaps can catch hair. Results may vary depending on the diameter of your follicles.

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
when i'm snappin' cawk pics my pubes always get stuck in the phone. #hairgate is real guise

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
I'm not understanding this hair thing.

The iPhone has a seamless front. The glass curves to the back and the only gap is so tiny I can't really see how hair can get stuck there..

Am I missing something?

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
#hairgate is real. Try leaving your phone in your lap while not wearing pants.

It's real and it hurts. If I want to tweeze my pubes that should by my choice not Apple's.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I'm not understanding this hair thing.

The iPhone has a seamless front. The glass curves to the back and the only gap is so tiny I can't really see how hair can get stuck there..

Am I missing something?

It'll happen to you. Just wait. I didn't believe it could happen either, but so far it has happened twice to me. In the same place too. Between glass and metal side just to the left of the home button. It's a bitch to get out.

----------

:eek:

I assumed someone had created an account just to post this, then I saw your join date. You're bordering on TMI there, and yet oddly I want more information. I mean, "pube stuck in it," followed shortly by "I don't really bring the phone up to my head that much," just paints an unfortunate yet oddly intriguing picture.

I'm not exactly sure it was a pube, but it certainly wasn't hair from my head. Likely just body hair.

Mercenary

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
I bet the majority of people don't even know why the word gate is appended to these scandals. People just assume the word gate means its bad :rolleyes:

mazdamiata210

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
I'm sure there could be an iPhone or two out there that has a manufacturing defect which has a larger than normal gap between the glass and the body and hair can get caught in there... But that could happen with any phone. The note 4 has a huge gap between the glass and the edge of the device.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
What if you're Santa Claus? Or a biker? :p

I don't think one should have to change their grooming habits or physical appearance to accomodate a cell phone.

That's an interesting choice, Santa or biker......now I am seeing a biker in a red outfit in my mind's eye. So maybe Santa rides in warm weather?

----------

I bet the majority of people don't even know why the word gate is appended to these scandals. People just assume the word gate means its bad :rolleyes:

Can't officially use "gate" unless you lived during Watergate breakin investigations. Who knew what? And when did they know it? LOL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.