Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

random person

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2008
I have the 6 and apple care and planned on running naked until I tried the I-blason halo clear case. It's like adding a little rubber bumper and hard back and the gold phone still shines in all it's loveliness. Easy to hold, feels great in the hand, completely minimalist. Similar to the spigen bumper I believe. Anyway, it's as good as naked I think, yet with some protection.

miss.manson

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2011
Georgia
I did for a while, but then I got the apple leather case as a gift. I was planning on returning it, but after trying it out, I really liked it. The feel is good, the color (dark blue) is a bit unique, and it provides a bit of traction.

Same here. The leather case is just too awesome, plus it adds a nice grip.

ToddH

macrumors 68030
Jul 5, 2010
Central Tx
I would never use my new iPhone without a case. In fact I've never gone without a case because eventually you will drop it. And when the new phone comes out and it's time to sell the used one, you're going to have a hard time selling it because it's going to have a blemish or a dent or scratch in the metal frame but nobody's going to want to look at. With that being said, Tech 21 makes a fabulous flat black case for the iPhone 6+ that is amazing looking on the phone and feels great in the hand. I highly recommend this case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 133

itsjustmeee

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2008
I'm using the clear Spigen Airskin Ultra Slim. At 0.4, it basically looks and feels naked. Yesterday I was going to have a screen protector put on at the kiosk at the local mall, but with the new design of the iPhone and it's curved glass, I thought it looked really ugly. The gap between where the protector stops is pretty obvious since there's no real edge to the front. No thanks. I'm not going to stare at that every time I look at the phone.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I had the phone naked for a few days and while it was a little slick, I wouldn't say it was super slippery. I've currently got an Apple silicone case on it, but I take it off from time to time and the phone is still easy to grip.

ticojpunk

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2014
Is anyone crazy enough to run the 6 Plus naked?

When trying out the 6 and 6 Plus in the store, I actually found the naked phone stayed in my hand, and resting on my fingertips very well. I think if you have dryer skin, it's going to slip easier. I guess my hands are soft enough that the aluminum sort of sticks to my fingers, sort of like smooth TPU does (but not quite as well as TPU).

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
I've used every iPhone naked since 2007, and I have never shattered a screen. Just learn how to take care of your phone. But people want to protect their investment, so cases work for them. Furthermore, some people are more clumsy than others so cases work for them as well.

Personally, using a case ruins the external industrial design of the phone for me, a huge factor when I buy the phone so putting a case just isn't an option for me.

You're the kind of guy that washes his car 4 times a week aren't you?

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I only have a "skin" on it (see bestskinsever.com). It solves the slipperiness problem and prevents scratches. Other than that it provides pretty minimal protection, but I have no interest in a bulky case.

(6+, BTW)

jerparker1

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Southeast, Iowa
Cases are a scam. I run my plus naked. My 5 was naked for 2 years. No issues. The SCREEN is not protected by a case. So what's the point? People like sheep have been led to this weird concept of buying something and then BUYING something else to what, keep dings off the side and back? I fail to see the point. Do you buy cases for watches? People have been led to believe cases are necessary and integral to the iphone. They are wrong. People have actually looked at my phone and commented. What, no case? People sometimes buy cases without thinking. They are just following the crowd.

Do you have kids? I like the feel of the 6+ without a case but having a 1 year old and a 4 year old make a case necessary for me.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
Do you let your kids play with the phone? If so, yes a case would probably be a must. But I have a 3-year-old (and a 9-year-old) and don't particularly think that necessitates using a case.

jerparker1

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2014
Southeast, Iowa
Do you let your kids play with the phone? If so, yes a case would probably be a must. But I have a 3-year-old (and a 9-year-old) and don't particularly think that necessitates using a case.

I do let my 4 year old look at pics or videos that we've taken. My biggest concern is the camera lens being exposed to whatever it's laying on.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
I'm hoping the use of sapphire glass on the lens will protect it. One of my previous phones (iPhone 3Gs maybe? -- can't recall for sure) had the lens completely ruined by scratches, but that was before they switched to sapphire. Hasn't been a problem otherwise.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Naked is only for people who can also throw away 1k whenever they please in the trash can OR I suppose if you bought apple care, it won't cost so much for a replacement. I bought apple care for my iPhone 6 plus but still got a clear case since I wouldn't want to wait another month for one.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
I've used every iPhone naked since 2007, and I have never shattered a screen. Just learn how to take care of your phone. But people want to protect their investment, so cases work for them. Furthermore, some people are more clumsy than others so cases work for them as well.

Personally, using a case ruins the external industrial design of the phone for me, a huge factor when I buy the phone so putting a case just isn't an option for me.

you do know you're a special case. most people drop things they're not picture perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.