Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
And sadly for everyone here you will.

Sadly for everyone you're still on here promoting your site.

are moderators around?

I forgot a very important point: the story! You don't check the story behind the bend. Like that guy that fell off an MTB. You didn't even check that. You just posted on your site as a bent phone by magic...by combustion in people's pockets.

It's sad really....

On the other hand still going strong with my Plus kept in my pockets with no trouble whatsoever and no bend. writing this right now on tapatalk on my gorgeous and huge HD retina screen

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I'm sorry, are we supposed to be proud of you because you ripped off Apple on a phone that is not defective?

BJ

Well unless the OP went to the Genius bar with a gun and strong armed them to replace the phone he didn't "rip off Apple". They replaced it on their own accord. I really don't understand your logic.

----------

Marble isn't perfectly smooth. Just went through this on a remodel.

From the FAQ...

Q: Will my stone be completely smooth and shine like glass?

A: There are no stones that are completely smooth. Although your counters will pretty much have a glass like surface, natural stone has fissures, cracks and pits within it that may be observable depending on the lighting. You may also feel these natural characteristics if you run your hand carefully along the surface.

I can't even believe this is what you think could be a possibility. The image clearly shows the phone is bent. Its bent in such a way that I see no obvious way a warped marble counter top could trick us. Seriously the marble would have to be perfectly warped in a way exactly to the iPhone...

mellofello

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2011
Are you seriously insinuating that within 2-3 weeks it is acceptable for a demonstrable amount of phones to be bent. Whether it is. .00001 or .00002 % is semantics. Time will tell if this is a anomaly or a sign of a trend.

For every person that posted up their bent phone, there are most likely a few who haven't noticed yet or font have the inclination to post up.

My money is that you will be on the wrong side of history, and 2 years from now, a not insignificant amount of phones will be bent.

We will see

Last edited by a moderator:

oneofthenine

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2014
Wait...! Back pocket or front? And no, its not normal to have a thin device on the back pocked and sit with an elephant ass on it.

Nobody has said anything about sitting on their phones. Back pocket does no mean they sat on it.

saab9573

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2009
Are you seriously insinuating that within 2-3 weeks it is acceptable for a demonstrable amount of phones to be bent. Whether it is. .00001 or .00002 % is semantics. Time will tell if this is a anomaly or a sign of a trend.

For every person that posted up their bent phone, there are most likely a few who haven't noticed yet or font have the inclination to post up.

My money is that you will be on the wrong side of history, and 2 years from now, a not insignificant amount of phones will be bent.

We will see

yeah statistically speaking a sample is a sample....and we can take conclusions out of it.

do you think in election years the polls are made in the whole voting population??

as said EVEN if for the sake of it we say there's right now 100K cases of bent phones that's 1%....

in 2 years there might be many more bent phones but how many more millions of phones in usage than now??

dozens of millions??

last figure of sold iPhones is 21M......in 3 weeks.....not counting with China and India....

Last edited:

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
Any iPhone found bent in a retail setting, must never ever count. Kids are running amuck bending phones in stores.

The only account for a bent phone should be made by the owner, and include a story along with a photo. The story should not be about how you tried to bend your phone. if you are on something like a roller coaster, it doesn't count either. No extreme sports or actives. It has to be a true accident and by means that should not have bent the phone, IE: in your pants or coat while on a walk or sitting. Also while charging, it warped.

Additionally you need to include the first 4 and last 3 characters of your SN, build week, model and capacity. These numbers won't ID your phone, but will tell us who made it.

But this whole thing is blowing over anyway. It's already debunked as a FUD campaign.

With the numbers of sold units, there are bound to be accidents, bent and burnt phones. Even a couple of alien abductions along the way. None of it means there's a problem.

If 1% of phones were to bend, that's over 100,000 units. As weeks move on, by the end of the year, that 1% will equal 700,000 units. We are not seeing this at all. The number of complaints are under the white noise of probability, along with freak accidents and lucky charms.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
The only account for a bent phone should be made by the owner, and include a story along with a photo. The story should not be about how you tried to bend your phone. if you are on something like a roller coaster, it doesn't count either. No extreme sports or actives. It has to be a true accident and by means that should not have bent the phone, IE: in your pants or coat while on a walk or sitting. Also while charging, it warped.

Additionally you need to include the first 4 and last 3 characters of your SN, build week, model and capacity. These numbers won't ID your phone, but will tell us who made it.

With the numbers of sold units, there are bound to be accidents, bent and burnt phones. Even a couple of alien abductions along the way. None of it means there's a problem.

If 1% of phones were to bend, that's over 100,000 units. As weeks move on, by the end of the year, that 1% will equal 700,000 units. We are not seeing this at all. The number of complaints are under the white noise of probability, along with freak accidents and lucky charms.
I think the build week in particular, and even the factory that it came from, would be a good idea. It gives us a possibility to see if the bending iPhones may be coming from a bad batch (due to differences in metallurgy).

Of course, we may not see a pattern at all. But like you said, it's better to have more information available than less if we're to actually find out if this is a serious problem or not.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
Well unless the OP went to the Genius bar with a gun and strong armed them to replace the phone he didn't "rip off Apple". They replaced it on their own accord. I really don't understand your logic.

When you buy an apple from a grocer, take it home, drop it on the floor, and then bring it back to the grocer and say "the apple you sold me is bruised!" and demand a refund, that's "ripping off" the grocer that sold you the apple.

BJ

Robert1-1

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2014
Sounds like the ones that are blindly supporting Apple with nonsensical arguments and making threats of physical harm Stand something very serious to lose. maybe they're all stock holders. I think anyone that makes blind nonsensical arguments should give full disclosure on whether they are an Apple investor or not. There is no other explanation for such a blind fanaticism.

I do not make posts promoting my site . simply discussing the issues. Occasionally I have responded to someone else talking about my site though.

My posted links are limited to only my signature.

But honestly I never came here to argue with Saab, Henry, boltjames, surf monkey. I just tried to stick up for the people they were bashing for daring to have a problem with their phones.

I have asked Saab what I could do to adjust the site to make him happy (no guarantee I could do it but happy to listen). He is only interested in arguing.

Since starting the site I have also received some pretty nasty messages from similar sounding people threatening physical harm. It is sad when people take the love of a phone to that degree.

**queue Saab now scouring my posts for a scrap of vaguely promotional sounding sentence so he can argue some more**

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Wait...! Back pocket or front? And no, its not normal to have a thin device on the back pocked and sit with an elephant ass on it.

Front pocket dude......I really shouldn't have to specify that. Can't believe someone would put it in their back pocket.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Mod Note: This thread is closed temporarily to clean up all the off-topic bickering. When it reopens, please remain civil. If you wish to report posts or a member, report them and let the moderators take care of it. There is no need to discuss it in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.