Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I like the ads. They made me chuckle. Not sure what anyone has against Fallon. AFAIK, he's never done or said anything offensive to anyone. Both are likable, down-to-earth, funny guys who would be the kind of people I'd hang with any day.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
These commercials are not aimed at people that are on Macrumors right now reading and commenting. My BF just saw the commercial "huge" on TV and he was laughing. He found it funny.

We are not the intended audience. I think Apple did good.

:apple:

- rob -

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2012
Oakland, CA
Why the hell would you spend money on Fallon and Timberlake, not show them, but only to have to have TC come back out on stage and say, "do you know who that is?!?!"

Apart from the problems with the webcast, this was the biggest fumble of the event. I truly had no idea who was making the silly 2001 sounds, and I was not struck by the revelation by Tim.

I actually like some of Justin Timberlake's work, but how or why they thought his voice would make this concept work baffles me.

If ever there was something Jobs would have killed in development, it was this series of commercials.

Freeks

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2009
Bad idea to show cropping as a feature in iPhone camera. With 8mpx there is not much room to crop. That where it lacks behind competition. It's a good camera if you don't need to crop much.

HowieIsaacks

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2013
Addison, TX
iPhone 6 doesn't need this funny gimmick. You can't reach your phone one handed on the 6+. The 6 can be operated fully without this "feature", so it's pretty much useless for the 6 and aimed more towards the 6+, which doesn't really help to reach the corners. I love my 6+ though, I operate my iPhone with 2 hands most of the time, so it's not a big deal.

So based on YOUR experience, and YOUR needs, you're saying that this feature is useless. How wonderful for you, but other people don't think it's useless. I think it's pretty damn cool, and it has allowed me to continue using my iPhone one-handed the same way I did with my previous iPhones. The feature just takes a little getting used to.

----------

Bad idea to show cropping as a feature in iPhone camera. With 8mpx there is not much room to crop. That where it lacks behind competition. It's a good camera if you don't need to crop much.

There's a lot that can be cropped with 8 megapixel. I think it's so funny how some people bash the iPhone's camera and they have no idea that megapixels don't matter as much as you think. I've had better results from 4 megapixel cameras than from higher megapixel cameras. There are a lot of factors involved with taking great photos.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
To use "reachability", you have to double tap the home button with your thumb, which requires you to hold the iPhone with your fingers resting on the back of the iPhone ( not on the sides) and holding the iPhone near the bottom (making the phone top heavy). All this makes the iPhone easier to fall out of your hand when using this " reachability" feature.

I predict tons of dropped iPhone 6 pluses

You must have small hands, in which case you're correct, it wouldn't benefit you. I can easily reach across while still holding on to the sides. I can also reach fully across to the lower left side with my right thumb while holding it (securely) in my right hand.

"Reachability" is needed on iphones cause the "back" button is in the top left of the screen. All android phones have the back button near the bottom.

Do you even have an iPhone? You do realize "back" and "forward" are just swipes across the screen from left or from right? Why would anyone actually need to use the "back" button on a browser or app?

Regardless, this implies that the "back" button is the only reason someone would need to access the top of the screen. You don't think that's a little short-sighted?

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
Why the hell would you spend money on Fallon and Timberlake, not show them, but only to have to have TC come back out on stage and say, "do you know who that is?!?!"

Yeah, that was the dumbest part. I thought it was a spoof advert when he first showed it, then he came back on stage and explained to the audience who the voices on the ad were and it became clear he was dead serious. So many people watching the ad (especially internationally) won't have a clue who it is and will just hear two annoying voices singing silly things

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yeah, that was the dumbest part. I thought it was a spoof advert when he first showed it, then he came back on stage and explained to the audience who the voices on the ad were and it became clear he was dead serious. So many people watching the ad (especially internationally) won't have a clue who it is and will just hear two annoying voices singing silly things

They are localizing them, starting in the UK, with other actors.

poppy10

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
UK
They are localizing them, starting in the UK, with other actors.

Yeah, they are localizing in some regions, not all.

I'm in the UK and I still only recognise one of the voices (Chris O'Dowd from the IT Crowd/Mooney Boy). I like the way they changed the Health advert, changing the references from smoothies and obscure US cakes to more relatable food items (and dropping the calorie count in half, even though sticking with the same punchline about more calories not being a good thing!)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.