Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wnichols2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
I'm very new to this forum and am looking for some specific help. I recently bought a BIC PL-200 Acoustech Platinum 12" powered sub for my living room, which has a Denon AVR-E400 connected to four in-ceiling speakers. This is my first time owning a sub. Given the layout of the room, I also bought a wireless transmitter for the sub, opting for the Atlantic Technologies WA-50.

Setup was easy, but as soon as I turned on the AT WA-50 wireless transmitter, the AirPlay music signal began to cut out for multiple seconds at a time. Turned off the wireless transmitter for the sub, and the music plays just fine again. I have spent hours getting the AirPlay signal to work well and am fairly confident the issue has to do with the wireless transmitter.

Some other quick background before the questions. I have AT&T U-verse TV and internet. I recently put the AT&T modem/router into bridge mode so I could use my AirPort Time Capsule as the router instead. The AirPlay streaming has worked perfectly since making this switch

My questions to the forum include the following:

- Does anyone know of a way to use the wireless transmitter without having it interfere with the AirPlay or wifi? My wifi is set to 5 ghz, and the wireless transmitter is a 2.4 ghz transmitter. I'm by no means an expert in any of this. It seems like they shouldn't conflict, but they do.
- Does anyone have another option or recommendation for a wireless transmitter for the sub that won't interfere with AirPlay and the wifi? I'd really like to avoid running a cable. Everything is nice and tidy in a cabinet except the sub.
- If I have to run a cable, any recommendations on how to conceal it well? It would be along wood trim, wood floor, and in front of two French doors going out to a balcony.

Thanks for the help in advance. The sub sounds great when it's working. I just need to figure out the connectivity.

wnichols2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2014
No, the receiver (which is AirPlay equipped) is connected to the network via an ethernet cable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.