Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twinsmom00

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2013
Receiving calls

I've encountered an issue with making or receiving calls. I'm on the iPhone 4S (8 GB - AT&T). Every time I make or receive a call, if I put the iPhone to my ear, the iPhone reboots. If I just answer using speaker or headset it is fine. I've rebooted the iPhone, powered off for a while. Still does it.

You swipe to answer, put the iPhone to ear and look back at it to see the Apple symbol as it reboots. Real PIA for someone trying to make/receive calls. Good thing I use a headset most of the time.

I'm having the same issue, the screen goes blank and the phone resets and I have to unlock the phone again. It works fine with speaker, I'll use my headset till they fix this I guess. It really is a PIA, you're absolutely right! I have a suspicion it has something to do with the proximity sensor because if I hold the phone tightly to my ear as soon as I answer and don't move the phone, I keep the call. The weird thing is this issue just started yesterday and I've had 7 on my phone since the first day.

Southern Dad

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
Shady Dale, Georgia
Do you happen to have Siri set to turn on when the phone is to the ear? If so, try turning that off and see if that helps. I haven't had that problem, but the Siri setting came to mind with your description. A shot in the beta dark.

Great idea. I'm updating over the air to Beta 2 right now. If the situation is still there, I'll try it with SIRI turned off. I tried it and that solved the issue. You rock.

joejoejoe

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2006
I suppose, if those details bother you that much, then this is better.

For me, the look of the folder icon never phased me. It was practical, having more icons in a folder, as apps are faster to reach. In fact, I had infinifolders (jailbreak tweak) installed, which allowed me to have way more than 12 apps in a folder (with vertical scroll). It wasn't a visual choice for me, but a practical one.

right. in iOS 7 you can have pages and pages of apps in a folder, so it seems to be a good compromise between visually displaying consistent information between icon and contents, as well as giving you the ability to pack as many apps in a single folder as you'd like.

alanjfrancis

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2011
Stafford, UK
Has anyone noticed this?

Open Safari and put it into Landscape mode. While in Landscape, double click to stop the app running. Go to portrait and home screen and the wallpaper disappears goes black. Wallpaper comes back when when phone locked and slide to open.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Has anyone noticed this?

Open Safari and put it into Landscape mode. While in Landscape, double click to stop the app running. Go to portrait and home screen and the wallpaper disappears goes black. Wallpaper comes back when when phone locked and slide to open.

You might want to post in the beta 2 thread...

mc0302

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2013
iOS 7 iPhone 5

iPhone 5 problems so far:
- Exchange PUSH not working (manual reload works)
- Weather app crashes when I try to delete a city
- PAIN in the Arse to forward a message (not liking the press and hold)
- Lots of small freezes and glitches and unresponsiveness
- Really hard to see such fine text on lock screen, and you must have a dark background on the home screen to read apps.
- No more function where you can delete a space after a word and have the pop-up option to change back to uncorrected word or other suggestions (in message and any other typing)

Overall :D:apple:

** I do have to mention it seems to get smoother as time passes for whatever reason

Rustychicago02

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2013
Keyboard Delay

Iphone 5. I am experiencing a keyboard delay. Not just in imessage, but anytime the keyboard is used... even when I put in my passcode. It's a pretty awful delay.. about 5 to 7 seconds (feels like an eternity) What should I do???

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
Cant beliave homescreen bug when you close apps from multitasking have not been reported several time on this thread, a group here whe all get this bug :eek:

Camera shorcut on lockscreen always crash for me the last couple of days and ive been having random *hangs* also.

Have allready inform apple and also have turned on the automatic send of diagnostic reports, hope the homescreen bug gets fixed by next beta cause even thou is a UI bug its driving me crazy lol

daviddth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2009
Australia
Not sure if it's been mentioned: Metroview (Australia) wont allow the Traffic Pin to be entered so you cant view live traffic delays. The Program itself workes fine though

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.