Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
There are a lot of really great changes. The curved design feels fantastic, the screen size upgrades are great, the cameras have some awesome feature like slo-mo and OIS on plus, pretty great battery life, and Apple Pay sounds promising.

What phone did you upgrade from?
What phone did you get?
Most importantly, what's your favorite new feature?

I upgraded from the 5 to the 6 plus. I was a little intimidated by the size (ahem...that's what she said), but I am absolutely loving it. Honestly my favorite feature is the expanded landscape interface and ability. Being able to see home icons and navigate menus in landscape mode makes the 6 plus feels like a new experience. I hope Apple and devs expand upon this functionality.

Your turn!

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I upgraded from iPhone 5s to the iPhone 6.

I personally never cared for the design of the 5/5s. However the design of the 6/6+ is fantastic.

I couldn't decide between the 6 or the 6+. However when I went on launch day to get the phone I tried them both out and chose the iPhone 6...

That said I'd say my favorite feature of the iPhone 6 is the bigger screen... It's bigger but not too much bigger

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
Upgraded from Samsung Galaxy S 5

Favorite Features:

- Touch ID

- Facetime

- ApplePay

km1991

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
There are a lot of really great changes. The curved design feels fantastic, the screen size upgrades are great, the cameras have some awesome feature like slo-mo and OIS on plus, pretty great battery life, and Apple Pay sounds promising.

What phone did you get?

I upgraded from the 5 to the 6 plus. I was a little intimidated by the size (ahem...that's what she said), but I am absolutely loving it. Honestly my favorite feature is the expanded landscape interface and ability. Being able to see home icons and navigate menus in landscape mode makes the 6 plus feels like a new experience. I hope Apple and devs expand upon this functionality.

Your turn!

Upgraded from the 4S

Purchased the 6+

Battery life is incredible, absolutely incredible. Love touch ID as well

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
Yea i upgraded from the 5. Touch Id works surprisingly well! I hope more developers get on board with using it for username and passwords.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2012
Upgraded to iPhone 6+ from the iPhone 4. Every time I pick up my 4 now it just feels like a toy and I wonder why I ever went out in public with it lol. Love the Touch ID and just the speed in general. My 4 was starting to become an antique with how slow it was.

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
Honestly, the only true improvements are the screen size and the battery life. These two features are very significant. On the flip side, the 6 is definitely harder to operate with one hand. The 5 was a stretch and the 6 is downright cumbersome for one-handed use. I guess this is the trade-off for a bigger screen, so I'll accept it. Comfortable one-handed use really ended when the 4" screen was introduced on the 5. The coolest feature is definitely the 240 fps slo-mo video.

JayIsAwesome

macrumors 68000
Sep 8, 2013
Texas
I upgraded from the 5S and got the 64GB space gray 6+. Favorite feature? Definitely the new camera enhancements and that big beautiful display.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009

What phone did you get?

Your turn!
From 5s to 6+
Favourite feature? The really long battery life.

buntym

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy S4

Got the iPhone 6 Plus

I love TouchID, the battery life, how fluid it is compared to my S4 and how I don't have to reformat the phone every couple months to get it to stop lagging and being a slow piece of ******.

Furzul

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2013
Derbyshire, England
iPhone 6

I upgraded from the 5 to the 6. I was not sure I wanted a bigger screen, but since using it I really like the 4.7 screen. the touch ID is great to.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What phone did you get?

From an iPhone 5c
Apple Store - new ATT account
The screen, the larger display is absolutely gorgeous.

ama0219

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Greensboro, NC
Upgraded from the Samsung Galaxy S4

Got the iPhone 6 Plus

I love TouchID, the battery life, how fluid it is compared to my S4 and how I don't have to reformat the phone every couple months to get it to stop lagging and being a slow piece of ******.

I completely agree.

I came from the S4 as well and it caused me nothing but problems.

Got the 6, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Loving Touch ID. I think it's my favorite feature. Also like not having to plug my phone up in the middle of the day.

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
5 to 6+

Touch ID rocks!
Screen Contrast is MUCH better. Looks more vibrant with deeper blacks.
Curved glass looks better and also makes it stand out more
Large screen is great for Facebook and photos and web browsing

As for the battery, I like my brightness turned all the way up (or close to it) so am not getting longer than 6 or so hours of usage. Not sure if that is right or not.

DougFNJ

macrumors 65816
Jan 22, 2008
NJ
Went from a 5s to a 6+. First and foremost I love having 128gb. That was HUGE to me as I was always at capacity on 64gb phones. I now have 48gb free.

I love the size, I use Saleforce a lot for work and do not take my iPad out nearly as much as I used to.

I love the instant focus on the camera. This phone has eliminated my point & shoot altogether.

At this point I'd usually be at around 20% or less on battery, it's nice to be over 50% and not even worrying a little.

100% satisfied with this purchase. They checked every box off that I wanted in the perfect iPhone for me.

ELPresidente720

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Upgraded from 5s.

My favorite is the larger screen by far, but the faster LTE and is a close second (granted I did switch to T-mobile this time around so that could be half or more of it).

When I went from 4s to 5s I was floored by the difference in size and function. This time the performance jump is much smaller, but the overall experience is just as exciting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.