Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Yep. Sadly I found this thread a little too late. They made it look like the real thing. I am going to try filing a dispute to see if I can get at least some of my money back.

Easy to be wise after the event. Hopefully you will get your money back.

I have never met Chronic or used his services but he has been around the jailbreaking scene for a very long time and I have always found him honest and decent. He has a very good reputation which he can't afford to loose.

SynthAL

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Logan, UT
As the site shows, it's another large sum of money to risk. Is there anything else you have that can further prove I won't get scammed or anyone else who can vouch for Chronic?

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Not sure what more I can say. You can check out his Twitter, he has been around the Jailbreak scene for years and I would trust him - but then why should you trust me?

Like I say, chronic does have is reputation in the jail breaking community which would be **** to hell if he ripped people off but that's about all I can offer.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
As the site shows, it's another large sum of money to risk. Is there anything else you have that can further prove I won't get scammed or anyone else who can vouch for Chronic?

I had my AT&T 5S unlocked by Chronic last year for $40. I just beat the crazy rise in pricing. It ended up taking a little longer than usual due to the whole situation at the time but it was unlocked as promised and remained so.

He's probably one of the most reputable unlockers out there.

semoG

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2014
Vodafone PT - Iphone 5S

Hi there,

It seems hard enough for me to find some legit imei unlock websites, and the ones you mentioned on this topic are mostly for USA service providers or at least they might not have any method for my country service provider:

Vodafone PT
Iphone 5S.

Does anyone know a nice, and not so over-priced website for me to unlock my iphone ?

Thanks in advance for your compreensive answers :)

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
Hi there,
It seems hard enough for me to find some legit imei unlock websites, and the ones you mentioned on this topic are mostly for USA service providers
Almost all legit unlock services actively discussed here do have Vodafone (UK) unlock service. Vodafone (UK) is one of the popular carriers. So, just read at least couple last pages of this topic and decide what unlock service to choose:)

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
I read Vodafone PT as Portugal which is not the same as Vodafone UK.
Yeah, my mistake, pardon me, guys! Vodafone Portugal is pretty rear carrier in unlocking. As for me I've not seen any supplier offers unlock service for Vodafone PT.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
I paid $99 and it was unlocked within 48 hours. This is the website I requested my unlock. cellunlocker.net #
This site is TOTAL SCAM, don't use it, guys! Bad reviews in the net, low trust rating etc.

Yes he's reliable with much fair rates. I've had used his service for many phones and the most recent i'd unlocked many at&t iPhone's in just 45$.
Even Chronic charges now $49.99 for AT&T iPhone 5S/C unlock.
So, $45 from guy who even doesn't accept PayPal is not fair enough;)

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
electronicmaji, There are two ways of unlock for now: official unlock and unlock with help of extra chip like Gevey, AIO, Turbo SIM etc. And for both you have to pay, you know:rolleyes:

Are there any reliable sites for unlocking a Softbank Japan iPhone 6 Plus?
I guess Softbank unlock for iPhone 6/6 Plus is not offered yet. For iPhone 5S/C it was about $160 from Chronic last time I visited the site. Did you find one?

electronicmaji

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
electronicmaji, There are two ways of unlock for now: official unlock and unlock with help of extra chip like Gevey, AIO, Turbo SIM etc. And for both you have to pay, you know:rolleyes:

I guess Softbank unlock for iPhone 6/6 Plus is not offered yet. For iPhone 5S/C it was about $160 from Chronic last time I visited the site. Did you find one?

Well i've also heard that turning the phone into dfc mode and reinstalling the os with the new sim in place will unlock tmobile iphone 6's

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
electronicmaji, no sense at all in what you're writing. Reinstalling iOS will not unlock the iPhone by itself also as turning iPhone into DFU mode.

electronicmaji

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
electronicmaji, no sense at all in what you're writing. Reinstalling iOS will not unlock the iPhone by itself also as turning iPhone into DFU mode.

I've seen many threads like this one and comments on reddit that seem to indicate that T-Mobile phones bought at T-Mobile stores lock to the T-Mobile network sim when a T-Mobile sim is introduced to them for the first time and that if you restore the device in DFU mode it will go back to the default and having a foreign sim in it will unlock it.

mr.asker

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2010
electronicmaji, there is no magic in unlock! Foreign SIM-card can't unlock the iPhone. If iPhone works with foreign SIM-cards it only means that its GSM module has been unlocked for foreign SIM-cards before. No magic;)
Some carriers sold their iPhones already unlocked for foreign SIM-cards/international use by default.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
I've seen many threads like this one and comments on reddit that seem to indicate that T-Mobile phones bought at T-Mobile stores lock to the T-Mobile network sim when a T-Mobile sim is introduced to them for the first time and that if you restore the device in DFU mode it will go back to the default and having a foreign sim in it will unlock it.

Do you have a link to the reddit thread?

redpandadev

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
Just want to throw out another recommendation for Chronic (chronicunlocks.com). I've had literally dozens of phones unlocked by him and all have been successful and within the advertised timeframe. If you want 100% success rate and great customer service, don't bother trying elsewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.