Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Hey, I didn't really know who else to turn to! I hope this isn't a big problem but, I'm having trouble getting results from en.wikipedia.org, wikipedia.com etc. along with a few isolated websites - they just won't load. Google's cache for wikipedia articles, such as this one on Midseason Replacement's...

78642036_7bd75f8273_o.png

Anyone else having trouble?

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
Jesus said:
Afaik, it looks like you just lost wireless conection...
Ahh... My mum's house is ridiculous. I have to use TWO Airport Express' because of something in the laminate flooring that blocks signals....:(

Sorry for this useless thread

alexstein

macrumors 6502a
Aug 23, 2004
iSaint said:
yeah I wuz tring 2 geton my chat and my fave site & it werez slo i gess all teh ppl w new comps after xmas are tying it up

i suck a leet

yeah you got it!!:D

asdf123

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2004
iSaint said:
yeah I wuz tring 2 geton my chat and my fave site & it werez slo i gess all teh ppl w new comps after xmas are tying it up

i suck a leet

who talks/types like this? No seriously, is it a joke of some sort? Are you actually trying to utter gibberish? This is harder than reading Welsh's Scottish in Trainspotting. Get a dictionary, mate.

iSaint

macrumors 603
asdf123 said:
who talks/types like this? No seriously, is it a joke of some sort? Are you actually trying to utter gibberish? This is harder than reading Welsh's Scottish in Trainspotting. Get a dictionary, mate.

It's my attempt at what I understand to be l337. alexstein says I got it, but it's a weak joke on my part since I have little or no understanding of what it really is or how pre-teens use it to communicate across the web.

In other words: it's a joke!

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
hob said:
Hey, I didn't really know who else to turn to! I hope this isn't a big problem but, I'm having trouble getting results from en.wikipedia.org, wikipedia.com etc. along with a few isolated websites - they just won't load. Google's cache for wikipedia articles, such as this one on Midseason Replacement's...

78642036_7bd75f8273_o.png

Anyone else having trouble?
Ah sorry... We tripped a breaker and I had to run out to the shed and turn the servers back on... Forgot to upgrade the firmware and be able to "automatically restart after a power failure..."

:rolleyes: ;)

hob

macrumors 68010
Original poster
Oct 4, 2003
London, UK
iSaint said:
It's my attempt at what I understand to be l337. alexstein says I got it, but it's a weak joke on my part since I have little or no understanding of what it really is or how pre-teens use it to communicate across the web.

In other words: it's a joke!

Bah! I am part of the iGeneration and NOONE speaks in leet... at least not as hardcore as that. People of the older generations do often take the micky, but the most I, and anyone i know, ever do is drop g's from words like "trying" ("tryin" "goin" etc.), "cos" instead of because, "nite" instead of goodnight... but these are not taxing to the average observer....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.