Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
I don't really like putting cases on my devices. It kind of defeats the purpose of having a beautiful device, no? I'm not knocking anyone that uses cases or anything—Heck, I have some cases too! But for the most part, I like my devices naked so I could appreciate the beauty. And in this case, keep good ol' Jony Ive happy.

Although, having a naked device is a little scary.. Especially when you have a phone like the iPhone 5. We all know how prone it is to scratching, chipping, and all that, so going caseless is a bit risky. I do have an Otterbox Commuter for those times where I need some extra protection, but if not, I'd like to show off the sexiness of the iPhone 5. :p

And here's when BestSkinsEver comes in.

BSE skins are a wet install skin. Kind of like Zagg skins. These skins use water or some kind of solution (I used water and a little bit of dish soap) in the installation process. Yeah, I know, water + electronics?! :eek: There is always that risk of tripping those water damage indicators or even destroying your phone, but hey.. Just be careful. I've never really had any real problems with installing BSE skins, so yeah.. You'll be fine. (Check out their short, yet informative installation video here)

As with my prior great experiences with BSE, this one is no different. The iPhone 5's skin looks and feels great. The screen quality looks quite clear and crisp as usual, and the "orange peel" texture that plagues a lot of these wet install skins is virtually non-existant with BSE. They also feel thick enough to take a bit of a beating, and seem to be less prone to peeling.

TL;DR - The BSE skin for the iPhone 5 feels great, goes on nicely, and keeps that iPhone looking.. like an iPhone. Oh, and they're also quite cheap. See for yourself at http://www.bestskinsever.com/.

lRUC1.jpg
APO8E.jpg
xiBfV.jpg
6Px9i.jpg
3eagM.jpg
Mf50U.jpg

(Excuse the quality of the photos — I don't have a proper point-and-shoot.. I usually use my phone..)

Last edited:

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
from all the skins i have seen here i think that the bse are cut most precisely.
I agree. Unlike BSE, there are a bunch that I've seen on these forums that have a three-piece back skin, or have side pieces that are cut at the corners rather than on the flat parts. I think those make it tough..

I've tried many of these skins, and I always go back to BSE.

IUBall22

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
You're not supposed to put water directly on the phone. I barely used any, just enough to moisten the skin. It's not an issue if you use the solution sparingly.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
Didn't you get water in your phone after you installed?

Be careful for those doing wet install.
You're not supposed to put water directly on the phone. I barely used any, just enough to moisten the skin. It's not an issue if you use the solution sparingly.
Indeed. I actually use a tiny spray bottle that I got from other wet apply skin packages. Though I find using a lot of water makes it a little easier to position the skin, I'd rather not risk getting water in places that its not supposed to be.

Regardless, when squeegeeing the water out, as much as possible avoid squeegeeing downwards towards the any of the ports and speaker grills.

NewToMac11

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2011
I also installed my BSE, only problem i had was on the sides, i tried to keep my fingers wet as to not stick to the skin, but still managed to stretch the top piece so the cutout for the top button did not line up perfect. but i was happy with it.

chrisvee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
Winnipeg, Canada
I also installed my BSE, only problem i had was on the sides, i tried to keep my fingers wet as to not stick to the skin, but still managed to stretch the top piece so the cutout for the top button did not line up perfect. but i was happy with it.
It definitely takes a bit more effort to do the sides, especially the bottom. Oh, another tip – when doing the sides, I'd start out with the bottom, then work your way up.

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Has anyone had the best skin ever protective back applied to an iPhone six and have used it for over two weeks?
If you have, please reply and let me know if the plastic reacted with the plastic antenna lines on the back of your iPhone six.
I recently useD a different product that applies exactly like The BSE product and it turned yellow at the antenna lines.
Can someone verify that problem is not happening with BSE skins?
THANKS....

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Has anyone had the best skin ever protective back applied to an iPhone six and have used it for over two weeks?
If you have, please reply and let me know if the plastic reacted with the plastic antenna lines on the back of your iPhone six.
I recently useD a different product that applies exactly like The BSE product and it turned yellow at the antenna lines.
Can someone verify that problem is not happening with BSE skins?
THANKS....

Um, you're replying to a thread that is 2 years old. Try this: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1787262/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.