Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 15, 2014
I have the NHL GameCenter live subscription so I can watch the Hawks and the Bolts; the only problem is, the NHL app isn't working on my home wifi, through Comcast Xfinity. It works perfectly fine on my MacBook Air. It works fine on 3G on my iPhone. It even works great on a public wifi (mcdonalds) network that I tested. But it doesnt work when I'm at home. It will stutter, lag, and most of the time wont go higher than like 240p. Sometimes it works for like 10 or 20 minutes, but that's rare and I'd say 75% of the time the stream won't even load. The app will just freeze on the iPad and on the iPhone and on the Android phone it will load for a while and then stop loading and not load the stream. Is there anyone else having this issue with the NHL app on Xfinity wifi? I called Comcast already and they turned off firewall and changed the channel on the wifi, but it didn't do any good. Any suggestions and what could be wrong? Or what I could do to fix it?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.