Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm sorry if I came across as too demanding, or if I was treating you as if you were a Kavaj salesman. That was not my intention. I understand that you're just a regular guy, but you specifically said:
That's the reason I thought it would be reasonable to ask you for pics.

Hey sorry I never got back around to coming to this thread after my last response. It's a good case and I love that it doesn't touch the screen (though that means it offers less protection)

It's minimal protection and IMO in black it's very subtle... You wouldn't know they were card slots in the back unless I put cards in it. I like the big cut outs for the buttons as I'm not a huge fan of pushing on things over buttons so these worked out for me. This case is really minimal on protection. It's about as minimal you can get with a case.

I have been wanting to use the phone naked though... but I always want to use my phones naked... then I get a ding on a corner and I put it back in a case.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
Hi...no I have not gotten the case yet because I ordered the plus version of Dalla...suppose to be another 10 days but hopefully they will get it out sooner.... still waiting for my phone from tmobile too unfortunately.... a little burnt out waiting so long but I am sure they will both be here soon. Ive been following threads here for a while and was kind of surprised more people did not pick up the tokyo....it really did get pretty stellar reviews on amazon and there are a few videos up now too.

----------

here is a recently added video of a brown tokyo..... it is very minimal.... but with the flap the dallas provides to the screen I think it will be about perfect for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgGtY-ol7Ss

MrXiro

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Los Angeles
Hi...no I have not gotten the case yet because I ordered the plus version of Dalla...suppose to be another 10 days but hopefully they will get it out sooner.... still waiting for my phone from tmobile too unfortunately.... a little burnt out waiting so long but I am sure they will both be here soon. Ive been following threads here for a while and was kind of surprised more people did not pick up the tokyo....it really did get pretty stellar reviews on amazon and there are a few videos up now too.

----------

here is a recently added video of a brown tokyo..... it is very minimal.... but with the flap the dallas provides to the screen I think it will be about perfect for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgGtY-ol7Ss

Well there were actually no reviews for Tokyo when I put mine up. Mine was the first one up there. I wanted a case with a cover but I actually hate using phones with the cover folded back. My wife has had 3 of them now... It's just too awkward IMO.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
well I have a cover on my ipad mini and am use to it and I was thinking the 6 plus has such a big screen I would feel better having it covered in transit..... I will just have to use the dallas and see..... on the bright side if I really dont like it.... a snip there and there.... instant tokyo :)

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I actually found it quite odd there has not been more activity discussing the tokyo giving all the misgivings about apples leather case..... I know the tokyo is minimal but still the price comparison and the excellent reviews on quality would make me think it would be a hit..... yours and mine are about the only threads even mentioning it

davistld01

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2008
Springfield, MO
I got my Tokyo in the mail a couple of weeks ago, and although it seems to be made of even better leather than my Apple leather case...I can't seem to make myself give up the Apple case. Maybe soon...

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
Ill try to report back on the 6plus version when it gets here but will be hard to fully judge til my phone arrives....should apply to both tokyo and dallas since they appear to be the exact same case with just the flap either sewn on or leather cut bigger before applying the leather to the hard case
no word from amazon yet but am expecting a shipped notice today or tomorrow

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
yea my 6 plus dallas shipped today too....only thing I did not like is they changed it to amazon prime today and that was not available during preorder.... hopefully it will get here fast anyway

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I received my Kavaj "Tokyo" Leather Wallet case in the Cognac color and for the $30 dollar price tag I'm very impressed with the quality of it. The leather is so soft and looks so classy on my Gold 6 Plus. The snap on case is a breeze to put on. Very thin, minimalistic, and awesome grip. I have a 2 punch leather combo for my 6 Plus with this and my Midnight Blue Apple leather case. I'll post pics as soon as I'm home.

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
of note.... been looking at my 6+ dallas construction and I am now pretty positive that the manufacturing line is forked between the dallas and tokyo.... there is a single line of stitching that overlaps the credit card pouch and continues up the back of the case .... obviously done before adhered on to the hard case. so the dallas is the tokyo.... you could convert however you would have to cut... there is no way you could remove the stiching because its on the part of the case that is adhered to the shell..... really precision work.... had to look hard to see how this was put together

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
also a note on use.... I was puzzled a little by the line of stitching on the front of the flap... the case bends there and I was not sure why while waiting for the case to arrive.... I now think I undeerstand.... because the flap wraps around the case and is sewn in to the back...... when you flip the flap around to the back it will lay flat, however it is a good quarter in overlaped in that position....so if you are taking a phone call and do the flip you will grip the sides of the tokyo sides and that stitch along the front of the flap caves.... feels a little awkward at first having the flap buckle out...touching your palm but it does allow a firm grip on the phone itself with out the flap getting in the way..... pretty neat design.... Ill reserve final judgement went my phone actually gets here but I think the kavaj is going to be a winner

Mercury7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2007
I had one more comment about the dallas that might help some people..... during my several week wait for this case to arrive I was very concerned about doing photography and had imagined all kinds of modifications I might do..... I think all that concern was unfounded..... since the dallas is virtually a tokyo with a flap sewn in around the back when you hold the 6 plus in landscape mode the flap will hang down but it is completely out of the way of the volume buttons which seems to be the best position for the phone to take pictures.....ie your left thumb to activate the shutter. emphasizing that the flap is completely out of the way and so you are gripping the tokyo hardshell

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.