Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaysue

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2011
Tolleson, AZ
I noticed after the update to 7.0 i constantly have to restart my Apple TV 3 to get anything to play. After a restart everything works great, airplay, playing movies and so on, but after it sits for awhile, everything is slow to load and sometimes doesn't, after a quick restart everything is fine again, my internet is not the problem, all my other devices work perfect, i did a factory reset and same thing, anyone else have this problem?

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
No Wi-Fi problems here

I have not noticed any problems with my two ATV3s using an old Airport Extreme (first Gig-E/N version).

A.

Addendum: As a test I streamed a movie locally, from my iTunes collection. It played fine. For a second test, I played a movie from iCloud - no problems encountered.

Last edited:

bliggs

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2012
Broken Arrow
Yes, I have had this issue with mine off and on since U6 but it does seem to have worsened with 7. Particularly with Netflix. :confused:

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
No issues to report since I factory reset my Apple TV because it would not update to 7.0

NukeIT

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2013
Similar issue. Plus airplay is glitching the audio. have to restart to get the audio to go thru the TV instead of my laptop

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.