Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Oh my god no....

The phone I want is available for pickup but I can't order it because Verizon's servers are temporarily unavailable... So I keep getting the error on Apple's site,

"We're sorry. We can't find your account information with Verizon Wireless."

I guess it's not a bad thing because no one can get it then, since they can't confirm with Verizon.

Last edited:

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
Looks like I finally scored one! :D:D:D

Since I'm in San Francisco tomorrow, that greatly increases the number of Apple Stores in the immediate vicinity. After two checkout error messages, I finally was able to successfully complete checkout at a location in the Bay Area!

Nice, which configuration did you get?

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
So Verizon's servers came back and i went to check out and it said Error and then said unavailable for pickup...

I seriously think Apple just posts fake stock for bots to try and buy like someone else said.. Because I was waiting for that and I even checked the stock on another device on apple's website a second before I pressed buy and it said available and then after I tried and got the error it immediately switched to unavailable... Like they just post one to trick bots into trying to buy it quickly for someone and it automatically fails on purpose and the stock is gone..

Apple please stop fake stocking your stores :(

syclick

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
Fake stock? That doesn't make sense. If they'd been faking stock, I'd have expected to see more than just a few phones here and there.

Kevsta26

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2011
USA
Fake stock? That doesn't make sense. If they'd been faking stock, I'd have expected to see more than just a few phones here and there.

I made a whole post about it here

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1795904/

This has happened to me at least 6 times now.

It also just happened again :/ it said available and I tried and instant error and it's instantly gone again. Some people make scripts to grab the phones as soon as they come available, so Apple may post false positives to trick these scripts.

iStockNow

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Wanted unlocked? We advised to use the mobile app on twitter as it was working despite the site down, many scored theirs.

When the site opened, stock vanished quickly... but still a few avail depending on your area

Yardman1977

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2014
Chicagoland
Great success!!!Just snagged a 64 gig space gray plus...been checkin a ton every day for 3 weeks now....cudda settled for 16 gig but been holdiin out for the 64tSeen it avail at 625pm chicago time....never kno when theyre gonna hit so keep checkin istock...i kno its not the most accurate but its a quick way to get a broad look at stock. I notice sometimes a bunch of stock hit a lot of stores at the same time. In this case one store has had them in stock for 90 minutes so far....so theyre not always sold in in3 minutes..........i also check at 155am central time and have seen lotta stock at that time....but mostly 16 or 128 gig....the 64 is the toughest to find but it too cud be had.....

FoxD

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2010
I got some nice alerts around Dallas for the Plus. I already have mine but good to see more were in stock for a couple hours.

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
I am so glad I do not have to deal with this crap anymore. If you want to pay full price, then try the secondary market. There are many new iPhone 6s available.

veedubshafer

macrumors 6502
Sep 30, 2012
The Apple Store has been down for two hours now. Meanwhile there looks to be the phone I want in a nearby store. I keep refreshing the Apple store app to hopefully jump on it as soon as the store is back up.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
iPhone Apple Store app, you could order while the web store was still closed.

I didn't think to try the apple store app yesterday morning after finding it showed the We'll Be Back at the start of the morning. Did it start working later on?

As of this morning's shut down the Apple Store App is just as down as the main site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.