Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walds11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2010
Any ideas when(if) Magpul will be releasing the field case for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus? I recall from the past that Magpul takes a while to release a case for a newly released device, at least a month?

Jmacman78

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2007
Northwest, CT
Any ideas when(if) Magpul will be releasing the field case for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus? I recall from the past that Magpul takes a while to release a case for a newly released device, at least a month?

I don't think anyone outside Mapgul knows that. It took a while for the 5s cases. Hopefully it doesn't take too long for 6/6+ cases.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
There was a post somewhere where they were talking to a Magpul rep and he said that the case was under design right now. They said that they don't have the plugs to get the device before it drops so they can start designing the case ahead of time. Didn't give an eta but it is under production.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
^Correct. Go to ar15.com and to the Industry section. Click on Magpul and there is a thread there about the cases.

walds11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2010
How long after iPhone 5 was released did Magpul roll out the field case? At least a month?

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
Hope they come out with an Executive Field case for the 6 as well. It took them a while for them to come out with it for the 5, but it's really a great case; in fact, it's still my favorite case of all time.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
Hope they come out with an Executive Field case for the 6 as well. It took them a while for them to come out with it for the 5, but it's really a great case; in fact, it's still my favorite case of all time.

One of my favorite cases of all time too, I think they will do so well if they would extend the cases for other Manufacturers as well, They have the right people putting that case together.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
One of my favorite cases of all time too, I think they will do so well if they would extend the cases for other Manufacturers as well, They have the right people putting that case together.

And it's USA made and priced right.

walds11

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 30, 2010
I am eagerly waiting. Please post on this thread when you hear something official. Thanks!

ZGXtreme

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
Given the irrational behavior of some of their fans Magpul never comments of development and speculative release dates. However, on M4Carbine.net where the crowd is a little more "normal," staff with Magpul replied and from the tone of the post, I think we'll be seeing these cases sooner rather than later. Just a little bump to share some hope.

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I used a Magpul field case for the entire life (2 years) of my iPhone 5 and the phone was in perfect shape when I sold it.

I dropped it dozens of times and never any damage.

Cant wait to get this case for my iPhone 6!

dawgfan

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Rocket City, USA
Big Magpul fan here too. Had one on my 4 and 5. Absolutely best bang for buck I've found. I ordered a cheap case from Monoprice until Field case is available. What are y'all doing until then?

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY

Yes! My buddy had a ton of Magpul field cases for the iPhone 4....promised me a free one but by the time he found the time to find em and get me one I had already upgraded from my iPhone 4 :/ I like to make a "tactical statement" in a small way no matter what I'm doing :D

EDIT: I didn't realize they were so popular....only people I see with them or that know about them in person are Military/Law Enforcement/Gun owners or family of one of those....Side note: The case totally looks cool next to my Glock, walther tactical knife, and other gear!

stowy

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
Yea I issue them as the standard case to all the North America staff. Droids and iPhones. The users here love them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.