Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Difference is Google doesn't require you to buy an invite on ebay, or whore yourself out on their forums to get the right to buy their product.

They also don't give you the run around when you're seeking after-sales support. They also tend to use OEMs who usually know what they're doing hardware-wise.

Also the Nexus 6 will be sporting newer hardware per price

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Difference is Google doesn't require you to buy an invite on ebay, or whore yourself out on their forums to get the right to buy their product.

They also don't give you the run around when you're seeking after-sales support. They also tend to use OEMs who usually know what they're doing hardware-wise.

Also the Nexus 6 will be sporting newer hardware per price
Agreed, neither do google expect you to PAY for the return of goods when you get a defective unit, neither do Google give you the run around and take at times well over a week to respond to your support enquiry.

Neither does google hire completely inadequate marketing staff who post mysogoniatic remarks on their forum or patronising remarks that they are ignorant of in posts and emails. Countless times I had staff member Mike refer to me as 'my boy'....

Seriously whilst the one plus one device is good value for money assuming you don't get a dodgy device the list of negatives dealing with the one plus company; including poor customer support, patronising responses, lack of transparency and misleading information, stupid invite system, poorly designed rear cases that had to be scrapped due to damage caused to devices when you attempt to change back cover, marketing PR disasters such as the mysognistic "for the ladies" competition campaign and the general whoring / spamming required to get an invite, for me personally in the months spent dealing with them and from information shared with me by moderators privately; the whole company is a joke, operating on a wing and a prayer - and those promoting it constantly and ignoring a the critiscm are being utterly disengenous of both the truth and to consumers....

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Agreed, neither do google expect you to PAY thw return when you get a defective unit, neither do Google give you the run around and take at tines over a week to respond to your support enquiry. Neither does google hire completely inadequate marketing staff who post mysogoniatic remarks on their forum or patronising remarks in posts and emails. Countless tines I had Mike refer to me as 'my boy'....

Seriously whilst the one plus one device is good value for money assuming you don't get a dodgy device the list of poor customer support, patronising responses, lack of transparency and misleading information, stupid invite system, poorly designed rear cases that had to be scrapped due to damage caused to devices when you attempt to change back cover, marketing PR disasters such as the mysognistic for the ladies campaign, the whole company is a joke, and those promoting it constantly and ignoring a the critiscm are being utterly disengenous to consumers....

i guess if you own stock.........

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
i guess if you own stock.........
Well in that case they are the best thing since slice bread and will sell millions. Look I'll do up a pie chart and graph to show how much better they are.
green-business-graph.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Well in that case they are the best thing since slice bread and will sell millions. Look I'll do up a pie chart and graph to show how much better they are.Image

LOL.......where is the pie chart?
I don't own stock......but we know someone that does.....

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
LOL.

I don't have $100 million to own 11% of OnePlus or whatever it costs to own 11% of their shares.

I'm a fan of OnePlus because they make high end smartphone and sell it at near break-even.

Xiaomi: yup
Nexus: yup
Moto G: yup

Kariya

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2010
Its OPO's big chance but they REALLY need to step up their ordering system and after-sales support.

EbookReader

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/daily-oneplus-one-uk-sales-are-in-the-thousands

It seems the elusive OnePlus One smartphone is a hit in Britain, as the company’s global director reveals daily UK sales figures are in the thousands.

Speaking exclusively with TrustedReviews, Carl Pei offered some insight into the recent success of the smartphone start-up.

“Just in the UK, the past week, it’s been four figures a day,” Pei told us. “I think it’s a lot more than people think it is.”

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Well, $650 is all she wrote.

I actually like the Nexus 6 design even though it surpasses my limit on dimensions. This Nexus might now end up being the worst selling and best looking since the Nexus One. And it won't sell all that much even with a wider release of carriers. Price and size are its turnoffs. People would rather use their upgrade on an iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 instead.

OnePlus One is still the best bargain flagship of the year. Yeah, it has yellow band issues and whatever. But is the Nexus 6 really $300-$350 better? The biggest obstacle on OPO is just getting one. Smaller, cheaper, 1080p is good enough and more efficient, excellent battery life, etc. The beauty in the Android world is there is always options..

I was actually impressed by the design of the Droid Turbo for Verizon. That red option looked good. Motorola is really bringing back their "A" game. Regaining their old form. But with premium quality comes a premium price.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Haha. I guess OPO is a flagship killer. For the price, it's the best you can get.

theapplefanboyj

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2014
It will sell out the Nexus 6. 649 dollars Okay I know it's got flagship specs and the beautiful screen but still. I'm going for the Nexus 9 in my next purchase.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.