Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryand123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2013
It would cost them more to make, cut down on profit margins, but it might increase sales somewhat by giving more people an incentive to buy both an iPhone and an iPod.

MacDarcy

macrumors 65816
Jul 21, 2011
I agree. They should also really update the iPod touch in line with the new iPhones. I'd love to see a 4.7" or 5.5" iPod touch. Perhaps both. They could call the 4.7" the new iPod touch and the 5.5" the ipad nano. Cause that's what the touch really is. They should give it a better camera and faster chip that'll be able to run ios9 when it comes out next year. An NFC chip would be nice too. Why should iPod touch users not be able to use Apple pay as well?

I was sure the iPod touch was going to be updated along with the iPads on Thursday...but so far I haven't seen any leaked photos. Crossing my fingers. Not everyone uses an iphone or wants to lug around an ipad.

vinny3101

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2014
I agree. They should also really update the iPod touch in line with the new iPhones. I'd love to see a 4.7" or 5.5" iPod touch. Perhaps both. They could call the 4.7" the new iPod touch and the 5.5" the ipad nano. Cause that's what the touch really is. They should give it a better camera and faster chip that'll be able to run ios9 when it comes out next year. An NFC chip would be nice too. Why should iPod touch users not be able to use Apple pay as well?

I was sure the iPod touch was going to be updated along with the iPads on Thursday...but so far I haven't seen any leaked photos. Crossing my fingers. Not everyone uses an iphone or wants to lug around an ipad.

I TOTALLY agree. I've got ALL my money ready to spend. I'm just waiting for an announcement. BUT THERE HAS BEEN NO LEAKS! Either they've been keeping it under very good wraps or it's not happening. Less the 24 hours to go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.