Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oliver G

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I have recently bought a new iMac and have used the Migration Assistant to transfer all my files from my MacBook Pro.

However I still want use my MacBook Pro as my primary iTunes Library for my iPhone and iPad, as I travel a lot.

The problem is that as my new iMac's library is a clone of my MacBook Pro's when I plug in my iOS device into my new iMac, it starts to sync as it is thinking that it is the MacBook Pro.

On my new iMac I have since deleted all the apps and movies as I am not going to use it for my iPhone and iPad, so I am worried that one day when I plug it into my iMac to charge it, I will accidentally click sync and it will delete all the apps and movies on my iPhone as there are none on iMac.

If I plug my iPhone into my friend's iMac and try and sync, it displays the message "iPhone is synced with another iTunes library"

So my question is, how can I make my new iMac completely forget my iOS devices and not think it is the MacBook Pro, so that when I plug them in it asks me to "Trust This Device" and display on iTunes "iPhone is synced with another iTunes library"

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.