Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
After I turned my Mac on today, I noticed that the Weather, Calendar, and Stocks widgets are all missing from my Notification Center. Strangely, the Social widget is still present. Previously, rebooting solved the problem for me, but it [rebooting] did not solve it this time. Please help ASAP! Thanks!

Last edited:

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
After I turned my Mac on today, I noticed that the Weather, Calendar, and Stocks widgets are all missing from my Notification Center. Strangely, the Social widget is still present. Previously, rebooting solved the problem for me, but it [rebooting] did not solve it this time. Please help ASAP! Thanks!

Click EDIT at the bottom.

CaffeinatedNoms

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2014
Northeast England
This is a problem that was reported under DP1 too. Sometimes they vanish and come back on their own. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone found a fix. Like all problems, fill out a ticket and send it off.

Dj64Mk7

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 15, 2013
This is a problem that was reported under DP1 too. Sometimes they vanish and come back on their own. I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone found a fix. Like all problems, fill out a ticket and send it off.

I figured this much. Thanks, I'll be sure to do that!

On that subject, is it better to use Radar or Feedback Assistant?

SuperHoman

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
+1 on this. I upgraded one of my Macs from Mavericks to the official release of Yosemite and the Stocks, Weather, World Clock and other Widgets are missing. The only Widgets I have are Calendar, Today, Tomorrow and Social; the rest are not there.

I installed Yosemite on my other Mac as a clean install (formatted the drive and did a fresh install). That machine has the widgets but the upgraded one does not.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Upgraded from Public Beta 6 to the Final Versions and the same thing happened to me, the Social isn't even working. But Stocks, Weather and others are all missing. The funny thing is that they were there in Public Beta 6 but vanished after the final version was installed.
Apple forums have the same reports and no sign of a fix.

sirtolp

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
fixed it!

So i had the same issue, what i did to solve it, is what follows:
Went into Macintosh HD ▸ System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks ▸ NotificationCenter.framework ▸ PlugIns
here you can find the widgets you have installed in you mac, what I did was change the name of weather into com.apple.ncpluggin.Weather.appex ; and stocks into com.apple.ncpluggin.Stocks.appex , I'm not sure if this was necessary, though.
Then I just double clicked in each one, it will open with widget simulator app, press the green button and voila, they now appear in my notification center.

Hope this helped you guys i just created my acc to answer this post as i was reading it since it was created because I had the same problem :p.

sirtolp

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
Tried that, didn't work, opens them up in terminal and does nothing...

Try opening widget simulator manually, located in: Macintosh HD ▸ System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks ▸ NotificationCenter.framework ▸ Versions ▸ A ▸ Resources

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I opened widget simulator manually and it worked. Now if only I could find the Calendar widget to get that working and how to get the Social widget working...

sirtolp

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I opened widget simulator manually and it worked. Now if only I could find the Calendar widget to get that working and how to get the Social widget working...

Found it, go to Macintosh HD ▸ Applications ▸ Calendar , right click, show package contents go to Contents ▸ PlugIns and there is the widget open it with widget simulator again and done :)

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
That worked also, now we need to find the Social widget so it will start working again. It's on the widget list but it does not work.

sirtolp

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
That worked also, now we need to find the Social widget so it will start working again. It's on the widget list but it does not work.

I'm searching for that, i found another widget in the reminders app.

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I found the Social widgets under Social.framework but when you try to open them, it says they can't be found. So it seems to be a whole other problem because even the Share in Safari is saying no services.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Thanks vbctv and sirtolp for your help! I've been looking everywhere for solutions and this worked perfectly (minus the social app, but thats ok).

sirtolp

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2014
I found the Social widgets under Social.framework but when you try to open them, it says they can't be found. So it seems to be a whole other problem because even the Share in Safari is saying no services.

Yup, same happened to me, looks like Apple should fix this as soon as possible, is quite annoying.
If I somehow manage to do soemthing I'll let you know.

Aisys

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
New York, NY
This all worked for me to get the missing notification plugins.

Are any of you having the related problem that I've got? Along with the notification plugins missing from System Preferences -> Extensions, which are now appearing under "Today" there, I'm also missing Markup from there, as well as the Sharing options (thus leading to Airdrop being missing in Finder windows).

Update: n/m, Airdrop issue is hardware incompatibility with MacPro3,1 :( -- Not sure why the other stuff is missing though.

Last edited:

vbctv

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2013
Cleveland, OH
This all worked for me to get the missing notification plugins.

Are any of you having the related problem that I've got? Along with the notification plugins missing from System Preferences -> Extensions, which are now appearing under "Today" there, I'm also missing Markup from there, as well as the Sharing options (thus leading to Airdrop being missing in Finder windows).

Yes markup is missing from mine also. Social is checked but does not work.

northernmonkeyz

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2011
100% fix for me

This works for me.

open 2 finder windows.

Window 1
Macintosh HD ▸ System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks ▸ NotificationCenter.framework ▸ PlugIns

Window 2
Macintosh HD ▸ System ▸ Library ▸ Frameworks ▸ NotificationCenter.framework ▸ Versions ▸ A ▸ Resources (you will see the widget simulator app)

Dont open the widget simulator, just drag each widget plugin from Window 1 onto the widget simulator app and it will open each one.
Then check the notification centre and all should be good!
:apple:

aperturef8

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
100% fix for me too.

Thank you northernmonkeyz for a simple fix which worked exactly as you said it would.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.