Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I have noticed that Spigen and Obliq Kickstand cases have "kickstand cards", unlike the i-Blason or Cimo cases which have entirely different kickstand designs. Which one do you think is more reliable?

1. Spigen Kick-Stand
61ytOAoqe9L._SL500_.jpg

2. Obliq-Kickstand (very similar to Spigen)
71Hf69vT74L._SL500_.jpg

3. i-Blason Combo with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip
61Muq%2Bb18bL._SL500_.jpg

Last edited:

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
I have noticed that Spigen and Obliq Kickstand cases have "kickstand cards", unlike the i-Blason or Cimo cases which have entirely different kickstand designs. Which one do you think is more reliable?

Which is more reliable? Obviously the first two won't break since you are using a card as the kick stand. If you lose the supplied card you can always take one out of your wallet. The 3rd one can break/stop functioning properly over time.

Reminisce32

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2009
If you got a 6 plus I'd highly recommend the Spigen Slim Armor. The kick-stand works great.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I always prefer an integrated kickstand over a separate piece, because that's just one more thing to lose or forget. I've got the Seidio with kickstand pre-ordered, but it says 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I always prefer an integrated kickstand over a separate piece, because that's just one more thing to lose or forget. I've got the Seidio with kickstand pre-ordered, but it says 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.

I agree with that.

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I think I'll go for the Kickstand Card. These cases looks thinner and I don't think that the chance that the card would break is much higher than the chance that the kickstand would break

chevy57

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2009

3. i-Blason Combo with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip

I have Puregear Kickstand case like i-Blason case for my iPhone 5. I really like both of vertical and horizontal kickstand stand for using FaceTime, Glide, ooVoo and skype video callings. Ill plan to order new kickstand case soon before getting new iPhone 6 plus on mid-October.

kx22

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Seidio with kickstand is also quite nice.
Used a red one on my black iphone 5. Quite chique and good stand
Sadly there are no real pictures yet.

jnick

macrumors regular
Jan 22, 2008
NY
I just don't understand why Spigen didn't produce a Slim Armor case just like the one for the Plus. With an integrated kickstand. So much more elegant and useful. Why in the world would I want to carry around a "kick stand card"? It makes no sense.

With that said, I would go for any case with an actual integrated kick stand vs another separate piece.

gvmelbrty

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2006
The issue I have with the upcoming Seidio kickstand cases is none of them offer portrait orientation kickstand use, landscape (sideways) only.

smileycon

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2014
I just don't understand why Spigen didn't produce a Slim Armor case just like the one for the Plus. With an integrated kickstand. So much more elegant and useful. Why in the world would I want to carry around a "kick stand card"? It makes no sense.

With that said, I would go for any case with an actual integrated kick stand vs another separate piece.

Even if the case is more bulky?

flipn0tic

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Does anyone know if the Obliq is more comparable to the Slim Armor or the Tough Armor (size-wise)?

Patrick3D

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Round Lake, IL
I have the Spigen KickStand Tough Armor case, the card works perfectly fine for propping up the phone to watch a video but it's "bouncy" and slides around if you try to do something like play a game on the phone when using the stand. I've had no problem carrying the card in my wallet, I just tuck it in with the cash rather than my credit cards so it is easy to locate when needed.

When using the included card, the fit in the slot on the back is nice and tight ;) but I just tried it with a regular credit card and the credit card falls right out. Getting a case with a built-in stand would definitely be better than using this case. On the other hand, I like how the back of the case looks with the slot.

iuserman

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
The issue I have with the upcoming Seidio kickstand cases is none of them offer portrait orientation kickstand use, landscape (sideways) only.

I totally agree! Would love to see them come out also with a rotation view case

MICkingslayer

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2014
I'm using the Spigen tough armor case with kick stand card.
I've never had any issues with the kickstand card for 2weeks.

If there is any issue, I'll update

ZhenyaF

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
anyone else other than me have the i-blason case? If so, do you find the lip being sufficient enough? I think either mine is defective, or the lip is designed to be short - its barely over the screen

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
It seems to me that currently the only cases with a built-in kickstand that allow for both portrait and landscape orientations are all identical in design to the i-blason, which for some reason doesn't cover the top of the phone. I get not covering the bottom, plenty of cases nowadays don't cover the bottom. But not covering the top? That's just being cheap.

I'm considering a separate small stand like the Rolodex mesh or the Coolermaster JAS Mini. But I would love to have a solid kickstand integrated into a case.

iuserman

macrumors member
Sep 30, 2014
It seems to me that currently the only cases with a built-in kickstand that allow for both portrait and landscape orientations are all identical in design to the i-blason, which for some reason doesn't cover the top of the phone. I get not covering the bottom, plenty of cases nowadays don't cover the bottom. But not covering the top? That's just being cheap.

I'm considering a separate small stand like the Rolodex mesh or the Coolermaster JAS Mini. But I would love to have a solid kickstand integrated into a case.

I totally agree!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.