Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I went ahead and had Zagg guy install Glass on my Plus. I thought I would never do it, but the rubbery GA was getting on my nerves. Glass just feels so much better.

I agree that if you stare at a picture of a phone with the Glass on, you will think it looks ugly. Not that obvious to me on a black screen. This may not be the best fit for now, but this protector extends a mm or so beyond the edge of the visible screen. I see some 6s with the Glass stopping at the edge of the screen. Maybe the Plus has more room. I also don't find my finger bumping into the edge like I thought I would.

The best part is the warranty. I hate installing these. If there is a problem, I go back to the kiosk and they put a new one on for $?? (forgot to ask. I5 was $5, I bet this one is more).

This will be good for now, maybe forever or until I get tired of it and rip it off and go naked.

Not sure about the iLoome, even though I ordered one. I think it is going to make the phone look bigger. Same for Moshi (there are some chinese knockoffs on Ebay now).

To each his own...

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
It's just such a thick glass that it makes the phone look horrible... I've seen some pics of some glass SP's that are thinner, 0.15mm to 0.2mm, they don't look that bad..

MIME iPhone 6 Feather+ Glass has lifetime warranty (40% replacement discount), but doesn't go edge-to-edge. Thing is, with the 0.15mm, the edges don't look as horrible as the Zagg Glass.

Photo Cred to greatness​

JOTO iPhone 6 Premium Tempered Glass is also 0.15mm, but no warranty at all.

Photo Cred to Myzhi​

MIME glass looks promising. Anyone know what's the difference between the feather glass the ghost glass offered by that company?

jammerz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
I also have my eye on the MIME glass. waiting to see more real life photos.

Greatness posted more pics of his MIME SP on his i6+ here.

I think the best we will get (for now) is the Zagg Glass... But for me, it's not good enough. The customer is always right, and a company will eventually get this right (and cash in on it).

Meltdownblitz

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2010
Glass SP with Lifetime Warranty and Edge-to-Edge Protection

I just want to know where I can buy one of these. This is far and away the best screen protector I have seen so far. Edge to edge, curved glass. Plus, a slick installation tool! Take my money!

Wow looks awesome. I'd like to know where we could get that too.

Edit found it here: aegiste.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.