Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Just got my new shiny iphone 6 and I'm loving it so far, with all the ppl complaining about yellow screens I started to get worried, here is a pic of my screen what do you think

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 249

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Taking a screen shot won't show it. You have to take a picture of your entire phone.

With the screenshot you provided, there is nothing wrong.

Givmeabrek

macrumors 68040
Apr 20, 2009
NY
A picture won't really help much. With different lighting and white balance issues you have to see it in person. Otherwise you are just adding another variable. It might help to take a picture of two phones side by side.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
A picture won't really help much. With different lighting and white balance issues you have to see it in person. Otherwise you are just adding another variable. It might help to take a picture of two phones side by side.

Agreed, you would need another phone to compare it with.

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Maybe he thought that the yellow screen was software based and wanted a second opinion. If it was then a fix could be made with a simple update. Remember not everyone spends as much time on the forums as we do.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
I simply asked a question and now I'm getting **** on for doing so for one I'm not a troll and my canadian sense of humor is just fine, this is the worst forum I've ever been on just awful mean ppl on here now a days!!!!!!

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I simply asked a question and now I'm getting **** on for doing so for one I'm not a troll and my canadian sense of humor is just fine, this is the worst forum I've ever been on just awful mean ppl on here now a days!!!!!!

OP, in order to know if you have "yellow screen" you would have to take a pic of the phone with a camera or
Another phone camera. Or take a pic of two phones side by side. It is an hardware issue and not software. Therefore a screenshot will not show whether or not you have an issue.

Also I know these forums can be really mean sometimes, but I think most people on this thread was just trying to
make light of the situation. Even though they came off as being "jerky."

Hopefully this has been of some help you...

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX

You're missing the point here. Even if your screen did have issued a screenshot would not show it.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
First of all, I apologize if I was mean. But there are two issues here. A screen shot won't show issues with your screen, any more than videotaping a TV show would show issues with your TV. And even if you took a picture of your screen with a camera, things like the white balance, the ambient lighting in your room and the screens that people are using to view the photo will all end up changing the way it looks, making it extremely difficult to tell what your screen actually looks like. I generally think that if you have to ask if something is a problem, it probably is subtle enough that it's not a big deal. So unless you're really bothered by the color of your screen, it's probably ok. You can always take it to a store and compare it with the ones on display if you're still unsure.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA
Asking a forum full of OCD people if there is a problem with YOUR phone...smh. That's the real issue. If you don't see anything that bothers you, why do you need us to tell you if it's ok or not? :confused:

Apple blogger

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2013
Just got my new shiny iphone 6 and I'm loving it so far, with all the ppl complaining about yellow screens I started to get worried, here is a pic of my screen what do you think

Do you have a scratch guard on? Bevause some scratch guard could make Yellow.. Mine is yellow ... 4S.. But u dont Notice it unless u keep it side to side with another

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Classic!!! I had tears rolling down my face when I read this. :D:D:D

This is one of those things that you would read on a buzzfeed "Top 10 Dumbest" post. LMAO!!

Screenshotting this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.