Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RDAR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
I know when you download a movie to movie box you can take that file from the artworks folder and it has a name with random letters and numbers. Are you able to put a movie you downloaded somewhere and put it there? I'm at work and I can't check right now.

Edit: Just tried to put a random movie file in there but it didn't appear in the My Downloads. But I downloaded something from Movie Box it was a random name with letters and numbers. For example lets say it was The Walking Dead episode 1 I downloaded and it appeared on the Artworks folder as 3292ed063c5cdf48a18de232c52c8a1738.mp4 I had another file I downloaded from the internet and renamed it the same thing and put it in the Artworks folder. I went into My Downloads in Movie Box and it still said. Walking Dead - Season 5 with the thumbnail of episode 1, but when I played it, it was the movie I downloaded from the internet. Now I just gotta find a way for it to get changed in Movie Box.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.