Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdag

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2012
This morning, I've noticed that WatchESPN continually fails when transferring from the live show to a commercial break. I am getting:

"an error occurred loading this content"

I have to go back to either the ATV home screen or the WatchESPN main screen and restart the show. If I attempt to restart during a commercial break, I get the same error. If I wait long enough and the show is back on, it works.

I've experienced this with both SportsCenter and College Football GameDay this morning on multiple ATVs in my house. I assume it is a system error at ESPN or with Time Warner, my cable company, but was curious if anyone else has this problem.

tequila-lizard

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2014
Watch ESPN /Time Warner Cable error

I was having the same issue while trying get to watch the USC v. ARIZONA football game yesterday. I had to go from my watching my Android tablet to the Apple TV throughout the broadcast. I suspect the disruptions are related to the Time Warner ads that I saw on the tablet, but not on the stream that I was receiving via Apple TV.

By the way...I never had this issue before this season and I've had my apple TV for years.

Last edited:

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
I saw this on and off earlier this summer. I have not been watching much lately - sounds like the symptoms are similar.

A.

jasephrock

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
I've also had the same problem in the last week or 2. I think the problem is indeed the Time Warner Cable commercials. On my ATV, iPad, and Chromecast, if I start s stream during the middle of programming it'll play fine, but it'll disconnect once it goes to commercials. The only device I've found that works is my Android phone, and on it the TWC commercials are played without any problems. Not sure if there are any solutions right now besides WatchESPN and TWC pushing out a fix.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.