Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Hey everyone,

I have been looking for a good planner app for a long time. I wanted one that replicated a traditional planner and I think Planner Plus may be what I want, but before I drop over $20 on the Mac and iOS apps I wanted some feedback from users. I tried the free iOS version and it seemed nice. I've been using Reminders & Calendar and that combo is working, but I wondering if a consolidation app would be worth it.

- Has Planner Plus been reliable for you in terms of syncing with the native Calendar and Reminders app?
- Is it reliable in synching between iOS devices and Macs?
- In your opinion, is it worth the price over native apps or alternatives?

Thanks!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
Perhaps it's just me, but I see little difference between using the iOS calendar and Planner Plus.
As for the Reminders part, it's nice to see them return in Planner Plus, but this app has it's own tasks as well. That too seems a little odd to me.

I'm very interested in what you look for in a planner app.

Like yourself, I'm searching as well. Right now, I'm using GoodTask BTW.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Perhaps it's just me, but I see little difference between using the iOS calendar and Planner Plus.
As for the Reminders part, it's nice to see them return in Planner Plus, but this app has it's own tasks as well. That too seems a little odd to me.

I'm very interested in what you look for in a planner app.

Like yourself, I'm searching as well. Right now, I'm using GoodTask BTW.

I can accomplish what I need via Apple's native apps, but I'm always on the lookout for a better workflow. I was wondering if a consolidated app have benefited anyone.

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Check out Pocket Informant.

Although they don't have a Mac Client as of yet, the app does sync well with iCal as well as reminders, or you can also sync with other services. There is also a premium sync service at $14.99 a year that will sync all the special fields that you want to use.

For tasks this app can do GTD, or Franklin Covey
It can sync notes with evernote
you can keep a personal diary and sync your contacts with it.

It is the GOLD standard when it comes to planner software.
Check it out. I have been using it for years on the iPhone and iPad. Before I got my first iPhone back in 2008, I used this app on Windows Mobile. Now I use it daily on my iPhone 5, and iPad 4 and iPad mini Retina.

Tech support is very quick. A recent update had a small bug in it and the next day the fix was out.
If you check the app out, be sure to also click the developer website link for more info.

Check it out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.