Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Saphire

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
UK
So where are the photos that i take with camera, it is showing in the bottom left in the camera but when i press on it, it takes me to the previous file, i cant find the photo anywhere. Same on husbands iphone 5s with ios 8.02

davidg4781

macrumors 68030
Oct 28, 2006
Alice, TX
So where are the photos that i take with camera, it is showing in the bottom left in the camera but when i press on it, it takes me to the previous file, i cant find the photo anywhere. Same on husbands iphone 5s with ios 8.02

I am not having this issue. Mine is working as expected.

mightyjabba

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2014
Tatooine
They really should get rid of "recently deleted" as well. Makes no sense.

The problem with "Recently Deleted" is that the deleted photos still end up in your photo stream and are pushed out to your other devices. I was out taking a lot of photos the other day and deleted the ones I didn't want (photos of the ground or my hand, out of focus shots, etc.) But when I got back home, they all appeared in my iPhoto library. Apparently to avoid this you have to "empty the trash" on the phone before you get in range of a wifi network and it starts uploading things to iCloud.

It would be fine if it was just a "Trash" feature that let you undo deletions, but why on earth should deleted files get uploaded?

Saphire

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
UK
David, what is strange i can take a burst shot of about 8 and all those apear, it only happens when i take a single shot. You hear it take, it shows in the bottom left but ist nowhere to be found in photos. I have trolled the net to find a solution. Its was fine under ios 7

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Glad to see Camera Roll back. I don't keep more then a handful of pics on my phone or iPad and it was annoying that I couldn't see all of them in one place. I hated going into photos and having to see them by date broken up and super tiny. I know its minor but big at the same time.

levymetal

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
To me it's just what the folder is called, unless I'm missing something?

Yep, you're missing something. Camera roll was a simple grid-based view of all your photos (like Recent, but with all your photos). The "Photos" tab is all your photos categorised into events using a "smart" algorithm (time and location based). The problem is that this sorting isn't always so smart. On an iPhone 5 the normal grid view can fit 20 photos on the screen. Yet with categorisation in Photos, quite often you only get one photo in each "event". Events are automatic, you can't move photos around, so you're stuck with the way it categorises the photos. Maybe not a problem to you, but when you have thousands of photos (I have 4500), it actually makes it extremely frustrating to scroll through your photos. Example below, Camera Roll would show 20 photos on this screen, yet Photos shows 3.

Bx4XvI5IUAAQmDX.jpg

I don't care if it's called "Camera Roll" or "All Photos" or "Disable Categorisation". I just want the ability to see all my photos in a simple grid view, and that's what Camera Roll used to be. I'll be glad it's back, and you'll just have an extra folder in Albums (that you can ignore if you want). A win for me and no loss for you, everyone's happy.

Gav183

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2011
Queensland
[QUOTE They really should get rid of "recently deleted" as well. Makes no sense.[/QUOTE]

Yep, agree. I KNOW they're recently deleted COS I'M THE ONE WHO DELETED THEM.

What I really want is a notification from Apple/the phone to remind me the phone is on. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.