Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarrisonJones

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2014
Hi, I have a mac running mountain lion and when I went to boot it up it's been stuck on the apple logo with the swirling thing. I tried holding Command + r to reinstall but it just restarted the mac when I clicked continue.

I have Boot Camp installed is there anyway to fix the Mac OS from Windows?

also I Booted in verbose and single user mode and they both got stuck at IOThunderboltSwitch I have not thinderbolt devices

bhogan002

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
2009 MacBook air not booting. Blank screen. Sometimes Apple logo comes up. Nothing happening now. Installed Yosemite.problem ever since I installed. Serial no: W80380FU9A7. Any help would be appreciated!

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I know it's too late to really help at the moment, but I'd like to present a concept to you:

THIS is why a savvy Mac user ALWAYS has at his/her disposal a SECOND bootable drive.

It can be either a bootable backup created with CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper, or a separately-created drive with a copy of the OS on it.

Just connect, and go. This can help you recover from drive hardware/software problems. (Aside, if it's some kind of hardware failure with the Mac itself, it can't "get by" that...)

Again, I know this doesn't help at the moment, but it's something you should consider once you get things together again...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.