Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fitgirl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
I noticed abit of yellow spot on bottom right hand side not sure if it's worth returning for a new one what do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 239

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011
I noticed abit of yellow spot on bottom right hand side not sure if it's worth returning for a new one what do you guys think?

I would not want a screen like that. I am sure Apple will be more than happy to take care of you.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Wow, apple continues to put out poor quality control.

----------

It's not hood, it's crap!

hashsi99

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2011
I ordered a brand new one and am sending the one I have back.

I don't want a white box replacement. I don't care if everyone says they are new. I'm within 14 days so I want what I payed for, a brand new retail packaged phone.

My 5s had a yellow screen and these darker yellow spots and I decided to settle. Not this time.

Even cheaper htc phones have nicer screens.

Return it

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I would definitely go ahead and return that looks defective to me. If I had that, I would have returned the phone on the spot.

----------

I ordered a brand new one and am sending the one I have back.

I don't want a white box replacement. I don't care if everyone says they are new. I'm within 14 days so I want what I payed for, a brand new retail packaged phone.

Yep, completely understandable. If you are within the 14 days return policy you definitely want to do the return/exchange instead of having to go through replacements.

But of course you just have to hope for the best that you will get a good one.

rattler

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2011
I wouldn't bother exchanging it. From my experience, most of the iPhone 6 screens have some degree of discoloration. I went through 3 iPhones and they all had to same issue.

xealo

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2014
I really combed over that pic as best I could. Nothing really standing out. Slightly more yellow at the bottom right, but definitely not standing out. I wouldn't worry about it OP unless its actually bothersome during real use situations, not just staring at a blank white page. Besides, as other's have said, getting one that looks better is going to be a massive headache. Don't ask me how I know. Hint hint: Nexus 7 and Dell Ultrasharp 2713hm, both of which have an IPS display.

blcfla

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2013
I see it, barely, mostly because you told me where to look for it.

My 5S has this same type of thing very slightly along the very top, you don't notice it 99% the time. I didn't even notice it til I saw one of these screen type of threads lol If I asked someone to look at my screen and tell me if they see anything out of the usual I guarantee they wouldn't notice it.

But now that I know it's there sometimes it will bother me, but I let the OCD episode pass and life continues lol

kid.icarus

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2014
I can't see a yellow tint in this picture?!

I'm on my second iPhone 6, the first had a darker spot (or say region) near the battery icon...I changed it...the second one has the same issue but a bit less visible. I keep this one now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.