Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
For some reason I can't add my debit card from Chase to Apple Pay. I added all my credit cards and debit card from Wells Fargo with no problems at all. When I try adding it it gives me the message that my issuer does not support it yet?

Has anyone been to successful adding their debit card from Chase to Apple Pay?

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
For some reason I can't add my debit card from Chase to Apple Pay. I added all my credit cards and debit card from Wells Fargo with no problems at all. When I try adding it it gives me the message that my issuer does not support it yet?

Has anyone been to successful adding their debit card from Chase to Apple Pay?

Nope, but they are my least favorite card as they seem to do everything to convince me I don't want to use it (the card was great when it was Washington Mutual's). This just adds on the list of reasons I don't use the card and prefer my other two.

Rogo117

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
No issues. Maybe a temporary server issue?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,131

ibookin'

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
Is it a business card? I was able to add two personal Chase credit cards but got an error message saying my Ink Bold card isn't supported.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
Is it a business card? I was able to add two personal Chase credit cards but got an error message saying my Ink Bold card isn't supported.

Is a personal debit card but it is a Master Card and not a visa. Wonder if that's the reason.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Is a personal debit card but it is a Master Card and not a visa. Wonder if that's the reason.

That's the reason. As of now, only Visa Chase cards are supported.

I have a MasterCard Chase credit card (IHG) and it's not supported. The site says only Chase Visa cards are supported. Hopefully Chase MasterCard is supported soon.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
That's the reason. As of now, only Visa Chase cards are supported.

I have a MasterCard Chase credit card (IHG) and it's not supported. The site says only Chase Visa cards are supported. Hopefully Chase MasterCard is supported soon.

Ahh, thats it. Well hopefully soon then.

Relleum

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2014
Got it added, but doesn't seem to work. Did you all need to verify as you added it (i was not asked about verification when adding the card)

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
My Chase Amazon card also doesn't work. Not sure exactly why, as my Southwest Chase worked fine.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
If it tells you it's not supported yet then what else is there you don't get?
All you can do is wait or call your cards customer service and see if they can tell you when they will enable Apple pay on your account.
Simple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.