Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

longthizzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
so the tsa ppl dropped my macbook pro ,
Ididn’t know notice the bend corner on the screen , the bottom cover housing is a bit out of line , does anyone know if apple care would cover it ?
The mbp still works , but it has a bent on the corner of the inner screen
I am currently in vietnam for a business meeting , there isn’t a apple store in vietnam so i cannot call them and ask .
I still have the apple care on it

would apple care cover it , if not how much would it cost to fix this problem.

update : now it is showing a service battery error .
i don't know what is going on ... I am really worried

will post pics of the damage once I get back

Attachments

• IMG_4830.JPG
    IMG_4830.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 117
Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Applecare does not cover accidental damage, so since the battery issue is directly related to the drop, I'd say you're best bet is to pursue a claim against th TSA>

longthizzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
Applecare does not cover accidental damage, so since the battery issue is directly related to the drop, I'd say you're best bet is to pursue a claim against th TSA>

it is the vietnam tsa .... they won't cover for anything . I already know it
is there any way apple care would consider helping me out ? i heard worst macbook pro dropping situations and apple care covered for it

longthizzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
so the tsa ppl dropped my macbook pro ,
Ididn’t know notice the bend corner on the screen , the bottom cover housing is a bit out of line , does anyone know if apple care would cover it ?
The mbp still works , but it has a bent on the corner of the inner screen
I am currently in vietnam for a business meeting , there isn’t a apple store in vietnam so i cannot call them and ask .
I still have the apple care on it

would apple care cover it , if not how much would it cost to fix this problem

update : now it is showing a service battery error .
i don't know what is going on ... I am really worried

will post pics of the damage once I get back

the service battery error , fixed itself , now only problem is the bented corner

kage207

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
The battery fluctuates in its health. If you still have AppleCare and it falls below 80% they will replace it for you. Though you should read up on battery information under Apple Support.

Now for the bent corner, I don't know. Maybe. If you have Apple Care (phone support) they do take international calls at 1-800-4MY-APPL. Depends on who you get. If they don't help you, you can always plea your case at a store when you get back home.

longthizzz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
The battery fluctuates in its health. If you still have AppleCare and it falls below 80% they will replace it for you. Though you should read up on battery information under Apple Support.

Now for the bent corner, I don't know. Maybe. If you have Apple Care (phone support) they do take international calls at 1-800-4MY-APPL. Depends on who you get. If they don't help you, you can always plea your case at a store when you get back home.

Yes , I was planning on going to the apple store once I get back . If that fails , I read if you call the apple care number - you have a better chance of things going your way .

* thats my plan so far

----------

Yes , I was planning on going to the apple store once I get back . If that fails , I read if you call the apple care number - you have a better chance of things going your way .
* thats my plan so far

Ill update once things happen
]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.