Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
I have the Caudabe Veil & the Shumuri. Both very similar except the Shumuri has the bottom of the phone covered, which I like. The Veil does not. The grip is about the same and other than the bottom, the protection is about the same. I'm using the Shumuri now because I really like the blue on the space grey phone.

I was thinking about getting the Shimuri because of the bottom coverage but then I read that the microphone hole might cause issues and rip easily. I'm pretty happy with my Caudabe as is so I might just hold off. I used the Caudabe for my iPhone 5 and never had an issue with the open bottom so I should be good.

arftech

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Decent case, but not slim

Don't quite agree. In my opinion, this case provides protection around the frame of your phone and has a profile where the lip offers protection for the screen. It is one of the lower profile cases out there that has these features.:)

macaron95

macrumors regular
May 5, 2014
I have the Caudabe Veil & the Shumuri. Both very similar except the Shumuri has the bottom of the phone covered, which I like. The Veil does not. The grip is about the same and other than the bottom, the protection is about the same. I'm using the Shumuri now because I really like the blue on the space grey phone.

except that the Shumuri does not have the screen lip

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
Just got my Rock Ultrathin 0.7mm TPU case for my iPhone 6 Plus. The packaging was very premium! VERY slim case... but still offers protection on the protruding camera and there is a SLIGHT lip on the front to protect the screen (just barely).

I actually would prefer a larger lip on the front. I think 0.8mm would be perfect, so I'm ordering that one now.
The soft TPU definitely helps the grip. It's a lot easier to hold and still remains very thin/slim.

This will probably be my day-to-day case. My brown leather case is a lot more luxurious obviously, so I'll prob use that one at night/when I go out.

Link to eBay

I just ordered this 0.8mm one and will post pics/review once I get it.
0.8mm eBay

ehVBDXel.jpg

FLGQnuPl.jpg

iYecaXYl.jpg

TUT7E99l.jpg

usP7xGxl.jpg

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA
Just got my Rock Ultrathin 0.7mm TPU case for my iPhone 6 Plus. The packaging was very premium! VERY slim case... but still offers protection on the protruding camera and there is a SLIGHT lip on the front to protect the screen (just barely).
Thanks for the Ebay link. I'm wondering who makes the Rock case and what's their website?

rperalta

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2007
Hercules, CA

I actually would prefer a larger lip on the front. I think 0.8mm would be perfect, so I'm ordering that one now.
The soft TPU definitely helps the grip. It's a lot easier to hold and still remains very thin/slim.

This will probably be my day-to-day case. My brown leather case is a lot more luxurious obviously, so I'll prob use that one at night/when I go out.

Link to eBay

That's a nice box that came with it. Can you post a review of the Rock case?

falconman515

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2010
That is correct; the lens is manufactured sapphire.

Thankfully, science isn't contingent upon your belief in it. Look up Mohs hardness scale. A mineral cannot be scratched by a softer substance.

I can't find Anywhere that says the camera lens on the iPhone6 is sapphire?

BrentwoodTWO

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2014
What's the thinnest leather / silicone case? Because the plastic material will be really poor at absorbing shocks

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
I bought the LUVVITT Slim .6mm tpu case. its really thin and feels good (its glossy). It covers the whole frame and is flush with the camera (doesnt extend past). However, i want something even slimmer.

I ordered a SOJITEK LightR yesterday from amazon. Supposed to be .25mm thin. I'll let you know how it is.

briankeith513

macrumors 6502a
Feb 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I bought the LUVVITT Slim .6mm tpu case. its really thin and feels good (its glossy). It covers the whole frame and is flush with the camera (doesnt extend past). However, i want something even slimmer.

I ordered a SOJITEK LightR yesterday from amazon. Supposed to be .25mm thin. I'll let you know how it is.

So being "flush" with it at .6mm, anything thinner would offer absolutely no camera protection then, right?

malochico1

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2012
Posted this on the other case thread today as well. But posting here as well since we are talking about thinnest cases.

This is probably one of the thinnest cases that offers all around protection for cheap and sits flush with the camera as well.

link to other thread with price info.
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/20166490/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.