Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coelacanth64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Syracuse, NY
Folks,
I've been using the app LiteIcon to add custom icons to my several internal and external NTFS devices that OSX won't let you change them through the usual Mac Get Info/Copy/Paste method.
Up until the Yosemite upgrade it worked fine.
Now I get several strange error messages.
The first states,"The file"liicon.OkWUsU" doesn't exist.
The second says,"You can't save the file "liicon.u6yC80" because the volume Macintosh HD" is read only.

I'm using the latest version of LiteIcon. And, I contacted the developer and his only question/suggestion was as to whether Macintosh HD was external? No, it's the internal boot drive. I gave him all the info I had, but no additional replies to date. Hey, it's free software. But, I did send him a $contribution, 'cuz I felt guilty asking for free help.

This is no huge issue. It only involves my external, NTFS formatted HDD's.
But, I'm still curious as to whether I'm the only one experiencing this situation?

:(

Anybody have any thoughts?

Humex2

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2014
Uninstalls LiteIcon with AppCleaner and install the latest version. Retry the experience and tell me if you still have errors.
One question: Do you use your external hard drive formatted in NTFS for your personal need, BootCamp or a virtual machine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.