Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
Do you all find that yosemite works with the performance MX's multiple buttons? Does logitech control centre work better in Yosemite than it does in Mavericks?

FYI, while I had to stop using my Performance MX mouse for most of this year due to Mavericks bugs, they finally released an update recently that fixed the issues. Finally back to loving the MX!

But since it took them a year to do the bug fixes with Yosemite, if issues crop up on Yosemite we can expect the bug fixes by Christmas 2015!

Edit - Here from the logitech site is the info for Logitech Control Center 3.9.1 (June 25, 2014) that fixed the MX for my rMBP on 10.9. I did not discover this update until late August.

"Logitech Control Center
Logitech Control Center lets you customize your mouse buttons, and toggle between standard and enhanced key functions on your keyboard. It can also notify you of your device's battery status.

Updated Description:
Bug fix for Mac OS X 10.9.x"

Last edited:

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
FYI, while I had to stop using my Performance MX mouse for most of this year due to Mavericks bugs, they finally released an update recently that fixed the issues. Finally back to loving the MX!

But since it took them a year to do the bug fixers with Yosemite, if issues crop up on Yosemite we can expect the bug fixes by Christmas 2015!

So Logitech released an update eh? I'll have to go look for it then. I didn't have any real problems in Mavericks, but during the Yosemite Public Beta I had lots of problems with it. But so far on the Public Release it's been okay.

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
So Logitech released an update eh? I'll have to go look for it then. I didn't have any real problems in Mavericks, but during the Yosemite Public Beta I had lots of problems with it. But so far on the Public Release it's been okay.

Just posted the info in my original post. The updated Control Center is 3.9.1, released June 25, 2014.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Just posted the info in my original post. The updated Control Center is 3.9.1, released June 25, 2014.

I just updated the iMac today and found it was still on a version of 3.4; even older than the MBP. But it's updated now. I wish there was some kind of update reminder that was pushed to you once in a while.

s-hatland

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2014
i love mine. in fact i love it so much i bought one for work as well.

also, the first one i bought had the double clicking / sticking issue. if you youtube how to fix a performance mx mouse it will show you how to take apart and essentially "bend" a little piece of metal to give it more spring.

works like a charm and i love it to death!

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
I just updated the iMac today and found it was still on a version of 3.4; even older than the MBP. But it's updated now. I wish there was some kind of update reminder that was pushed to you once in a while.

I agree that it would be nice if users were notified of the updates. The June bug fix for 10.9 came 1 year after Mavericks was announced at the WWDC and 8 months after it was released to the public. What are we supposed to do - check Logitech's website every day for 8 months?

I guess that is why we all use these forums - to learn from each other!

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
I generally like the MX, although a little long in dimension, takes a while to get used to the size. performance is good but mine crapped out after 1 year- as in right click acts like double click no matter how many times I re-program. It also won't hold a drag lets go 1/2 way (while windows pop up if the mouse touches anything). It now resides in my desk drawer. ( ands been updated with the latest firmware)

CalfCanuck

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2003
I generally like the MX, although a little long in dimension, takes a while to get used to the size. performance is good but mine crapped out after 1 year- as in right click acts like double click no matter how many times I re-program. It also won't hold a drag lets go 1/2 way (while windows pop up if the mouse touches anything). It now resides in my desk drawer. ( ands been updated with the latest firmware)

The MX comes with a three year warranty. See if you can find your receipt and then contact support for a replacement. I got a new one under warranty as well.

PapaC

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2014
MX Performance and Yosemite

I recently turned off SMoothmouse to use the MX Performance, as i have updated to Yosemite. And I have noticed a big change in how the lag is using the new OS. It's like I am using a regular windows mouse again.

Anyone else can test their own and weigh in for me?
Going to try and install the last version of LCC to see how that works out.

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
I recently turned off SMoothmouse to use the MX Performance, as i have updated to Yosemite. And I have noticed a big change in how the lag is using the new OS. It's like I am using a regular windows mouse again.

Anyone else can test their own and weigh in for me?
Going to try and install the last version of LCC to see how that works out.

I had some issues with mine on Yosemite until I updated the LCC, then everything went back to normal. How did it work out for you?

PapaC

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2014
So far it's working pretty good. I disabled smooth mouse and it feels like normal. LCC installed and things are going ok.

Good User

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
Are buttons of this mouse soft?

Hi guys, I a have question about this mouse, I have recently bought a logitech m185 mouse and buttons are a little hard for me to click, Do all the logitech mice have the same button hardness? which one does have the softest?

Last edited:

The Clark

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2013
Canada
Hi guys, I a have question about this mouse, I have recently bought a logitech m185 mouse and buttons are a little hard for me to click, Do all the logitech mice have the same button hardness? which one does have the softest?

My Logitech mouse is actually very easy to click, I'm using the MX. I found the Apple Magic Mouse to be very hard to click.

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I bought a Logitech MX to replace my 2013 Razor Orochi Bluetooth as there's something seriously wrong with either Apple's or Razor's Bluetooth stack / driver / firmware. I lost my older Orochi 2013 which worked fined but for some reason its replacement(s) all did the same thing on my 2013 rMBP and Yosemite. Apple's Magic Mouse works fine, but I just hate the ergonomics and it's a little small for my hand.

With the Orochi the mouse cursor would jump around the screen in rapid random horizontal or vertical leaps.

The Logitech MX Performance works great, I didn't install the Logitech driver but instead use Better Touch Tool and it supports all the buttons. It tracks beautifully and is very responsive, of course it needs the small USB dongle but it's not too bad. No worse than the magsafe connector. Not installing the driver means no battery level indication on the Mac. There's also no OS X 10.10 driver currently, the 10.9 may work but I'd rather avoid third party OS X drivers as they can be a bear to uninstall. e.g. Transcend's JetDrive driver caused random audio playback pausing on AirPlay (It works fine without the driver, go figure).

The MX also has a micro-USB connector that doubles as a wired-USB mouse & recharger for the included 2000mAH NiMH AA battery that's user replaceable.

FYI: The other Bluetooth mice I considered were the Mad Catz RAT & MOUS both support BT4.0 but neither support Apple's built in Bluetooth! When I they did work (using the dongle) they fell asleep every 30sec or so and there was a lag in the reconnect that's more annoying than the Orochi's 2min sleep time.

It's baffling that neither the Razor or Mad Catz firmware or settings allow for a user customizable sleep time, I don't mind changing the battery.

Edit:
1. I tried an ASUS Bluetooth 4.0 adapter on a Windows 7 x64 PC and the same jumpy cursor problem persists. Seems it's a problem with the Razor Orochi mice (I've tried a couple of them, same problem).
2. The MX USB cable is for in mouse charging only, but the mouse still functions wirelessly while charging.
3. The Logitech connect/reconnect speed seems instant (haven't noticed it at all), Bluetooth not so much.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.