Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s-hatland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
After updating to yosemite, my logitech f310 controller doesn't seem to work. some of the buttons do, but most don't. on mavericks, it worked nearly flawlessly with most games, not even having to set anything up. Now, for instance, trying to continue my Guacamelee game after upgrading and the only buttons that work are the d-pad. i can get the action buttons to work ONLY if i'm pressing a direction on the d-pad. i.e. i have to be holding left to jump. if i just press jump (or any other button) it doesn't do anything.

tested rogue legacy, arkham asylum and portal and they're all doing the same thing.

i've never installed any drivers, and logitech doesn't provide any. as far as I know it works from the native HID driver in os x.

is this happening to anyone else? perhaps with other controllers? anyone have a clue as to why or what to do?

thanks!

s-hatland

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
well i guess no one else is experiencing this issue.

that's ok. i figured it out. i had usb overdrive installed (to run my performance mx mouse) and "global" gamepad control was enabled by default. preferences must have reset during the upgrade? disabling this makes it work perfectly again.

all is well now and maybe this can help someone in the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.