Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Companies say stuff all the time. And yes it was obvious, you know exactly what he was saying, derp if it comes to pc that is where he would get it

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Well not obvious to me it seems. Either way, companies say crap all the time, I dont believe a word of it and it may not come to the pc but there is always a chance. Especially now that MS is all about being on different platforms

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I definitely see this coming to PC eventually, after all Halo is already on the Steam database. As a Steam dev myself that's quite telling!

If I was going to get an Xbox One I'd be getting it near the end of it's life anyways, like what I did with PS3 and Xbox 360. The right game could push that sooner and if they really took their time and made the most of this, this would have been the one for me. Come to PC and I'll pick you up, since then I wouldn't have to drop £300 on a whole new system!

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Yes in my opinion of course, I dont care about Half Life

:eek:

Not a fan of the games, or just never felt inclined to try them? Half-Life 2 was incredible, as were the expansions (or "episodes"). Worth a look if you haven't already.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
This is the most incredible gaming value I have ever seen. One complaint though, 20 gig update on day 1. There will be some pissed off people who are ready to play when they get home with the game

That is only required because they couldn't fit the 65GB game on the disc and they'd have to make a look not as good looking game to make it fit onto one disc.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
That is only required because they couldn't fit the 65GB game on the disc and they'd have to make a look not as good looking game to make it fit onto one disc.

They could have used a dual layer Blu-ray or simply put it in two discs. Don't believe the 'we did it for your benefit nonsense'. In all likelihood there will be a lot of wasted assets on the blu-ray such as movies & audio in different languages etc.

Given 3 of the games are merely getting ac1080p resolution boost and locked 60fps, it doesn't seem plausible that they use 'that' much space....

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
Pre-ordered the digital version last night and it downloaded overnight (tested it out pre-ordering from Smart Glass on my iPhone as I had not used that feature yet). The pre-order size is 45.xx GB's so they are definitely holding onto the other 20 until launch day.

Praxis91

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
I wonder if we can play multiplayer on halo 2

The Master Chief Collection is all Halo's in one volume, so we'll get those Halo 2 multiplayer maps. :)

I just think this set is going to be slightly enhanced graphics because MS wants to really show off the next-gen graphics with the Halo 5 beta access that comes with the master chief collection.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I know COD is basically the same thing every year.. But is anyone buying it this year?

Honestly I'm tempted to pick up a copy for PS4 just to play with friends. That being said, November is shaping up to be an expensive month for gaming for me.

My Xbox One is getting delivered on Friday (YEAH!!!), then Assassins Creed Unity and Halo MC Collection are on order.

We should have a general Xbox One thread. Sunset Overdrive is getting solid reviews so far (http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/6991717/sunset-overdrive-review-xbox-one) so looking forward to that :D

Redskinsfan10

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 13, 2014
Lima, Peru
Honestly I'm tempted to pick up a copy for PS4 just to play with friends. That being said, November is shaping up to be an expensive month for gaming for me.

My Xbox One is getting delivered on Friday (YEAH!!!), then Assassins Creed Unity and Halo MC Collection are on order.

We should have a general Xbox One thread. Sunset Overdrive is getting solid reviews so far (http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/27/6991717/sunset-overdrive-review-xbox-one) so looking forward to that :D

You will love your Xbox one. What a beast

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

XBox One's will be $50 cheaper starting in November - you may want to see about getting the difference back...

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
I'm running out of patience with the next gen games being released at the moment. Halo is so full of bugs it isn't funny.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Was briefly tempted to pick up XB1 just to play Halo:MCC, but it's still cost prohibitive and I've got a backlog of PS3/PS4 games to play. Maybe when more interesting XB1 exclusives come along or price drops again.

If I really jones to play Halo, I'll just fire up my original xbox and have at it. :p:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.