Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
My diligence and 300+ errors have paid off! I was able to land a new shiny iPhone Plus available for pickup today. I went on at the 1am refresh and thanks to istocknow email I somehow got one.

The model I got was very low on my list of choices but I can make do.
It's a Gold iPhone 6 Plus 16GB Unlocked/Tmobile

Thanks istocknow :D

PS. Maybe I shouldn't get excited unitl I get the email that says I can pick it up...

I did get the confirmation email right away.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Seems like istocknow isn't as accurate as it is or it only shows for the online orders because the Apple Store I'm at has some 64 gb available right now in stock but on the istocknow shows that nothing is available.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
It happened at the end of the keynote, at least 5 mins before the webstore opened.

Happened again today.

Thanks for clarifying - prior comments sounded like there wasn't any outage via the app. I understand now that it was only that the app came back a little sooner than the website, providing a window of opportunity.

oops1975

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
Frisco, TX
Lots of Verizon Space Gray 6+ (64 and 128) in stock in DFW area. If anyone is looking for Verizon phones. Or you can buy them for full price and use it with AT&T and TMO.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just purchased a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus Silver 128 GB at the Apple store in Madison, WI. Appears, apple did get a lot in stock today.

jterp7

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Seems like istocknow isn't as accurate as it is or it only shows for the online orders because the Apple Store I'm at has some 64 gb available right now in stock but on the istocknow shows that nothing is available.

For those with apple.com orders who were you able to cancel your previous order in store and get the upgrade back in the same hour?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
For those with apple.com orders who were you able to cancel your previous order in store and get the upgrade back in the same hour?

I canceled my order while standing in line on launch day and did get my upgrade back in less than 5 minutes. But I've heard that it can also take 24-72 hours for the eligibility to reset.

NinaIce2

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2012
I picked up a space gray 64g Att 6plus in Louisville, Ky this morning. I was 1st in line and they had several different sizes available but they were gone before I even finished purchasing my phone. The istock app did not show these available for pick up so they definitely had a different stock for walk in customers.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Were there five or more of any of the types? It's claimed that below five units of a model the online system says out of stock.

eduardodamascen

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
64gb unlocked

Has anyone found a 64gb unlocked to pick up? I've searching for days in the area of San Francisco and i've never seen.:confused:

BagPttx

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2014
San Francisco, CA, USA
Has anyone found a 64gb unlocked to pick up? I've searching for days in the area of San Francisco and i've never seen.:confused:

I don't know about unlocked but I got a AT&T 6+ Silver 64gb a few days ago at the San Francisco Stockton store (thanks to iStockNow)!

I think it's possible to get one, you just have to be quick when a refresh is happening.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Nope. Saw a few 128 TMO's show up for ATL this afternoon but they were gone in a flash.

Though if you've been waiting for days you might as well have ordered from Apple.com at this point.

eduardodamascen

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
I don't know about unlocked but I got a AT&T 6+ Silver 64gb a few days ago at the San Francisco Stockton store (thanks to iStockNow)!

I think it's possible to get one, you just have to be quick when a refresh is happening.

So there is hope! I've signed up notification @ istocknow for weeks and haven't received nor seen any device available in San Francisco region. I'll keep trying, im looking for a golden iphone 6 64gb.

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
I may have asked before...

Does anyone know how to get off the iPhone6 Tracker message?

I have had my 6+ for 2 weeks now and I still get the text messages when something comes in stock in my area.

They don't include a way to get off the list.

I don't remember the link I went to set it up.

Thanks.

eduardodamascen

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
Far from US

Nope. Saw a few 128 TMO's show up for ATL this afternoon but they were gone in a flash.

Though if you've been waiting for days you might as well have ordered from Apple.com at this point.

I'm not in the US right now, but i have a friend that is but the dates for delivery go further than his stay. I'll be in Las Vegas next month so then i'll have another shot.:confused:

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Could you get it? I'm looking for int in San Francisco Bay Area and never found one unlocked unit

I'm in San Francisco right now on a business trip with my husband and I have to say that it's like scorched earth out here on the istocknow inventory list. I'd go to a local store, but I feel like that would be pointless with the inventory showing NO phones at all of any kind.

I bought a 64GB Gold plus last week (I've been back and forth and I had a plus that I gave to my eldest son because I'm a sucker), so it was great to get the plus back. Now, I have noticed that this one seems not to hold a charge as well as the 128GB silver that I gave my son, and I've had an Apple leather case on it the entire time I've owned it (just 5 days now) and I had to pop off the case yesterday and there seems to be a bit of the finish rubbed off the on/off button (which is weird with it being covered in leather this whole time), so I just set up stock alerts for home AND for out here (I'm here until Saturday) and hopefully I can snag another phone (I paid full price for mine) and then just return the one I've got because I really do NOT want to wind up with a refurb when this phone is brand new.

Whew.

They really need more 6+ stock in stores.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I'd go to a local store, but I feel like that would be pointless with the inventory showing NO phones at all of any kind.

Online inventory isn't necessarily indicative of in-store inventory. Some claim it's a separate stock, some claim it's the same but online shows unavailable if there are fewer than five units of a particular model/config. Whatever the truth, effect is the same.

They really need more 6+ stock in stores.

I bet the folks in Cupertino would like to make this happen as well. :cool:

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Online inventory isn't necessarily indicative of in-store inventory. Some claim it's a separate stock, some claim it's the same but online shows unavailable if there are fewer than five units of a particular model/config. Whatever the truth, effect is the same.

I bet the folks in Cupertino would like to make this happen as well. :cool:

Yeah... I know. I bought my 64GB Gold plus last Saturday at my local store when they showed NO inventory online for AT&T plus phones that were more than 16GB.

However... these stores in San Francisco are showing NO STOCK AT ALL for any type of plus phone, regardless of size or carrier. This is what has me wondering if they have any stock in the stores because when my local stores weren't showing stock at all online for any size/configuration/carrier, they also had no stock in store. Know what I mean?

And yeah... I think that the stock situation is going to seriously improve before Christmas... ;)

eduardodamascen

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2009
Golden 6 64gb unlocked

I bought a 64GB Gold plus last week (I've been back and forth and I had a plus that I gave to my eldest son because I'm a sucker), so it was great to get the plus back.

Hi bunnicula, how are the lines in SF? Did you need to go to the store by 10am?

Cavmclaren

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2014
Atlanta
I believe that the people that are at the actual store get the first pick on what is available when they open in the morning and then whatever is left is what you see available for in store pick up online. but it is possible that the 2are totally separate because sometimes the stock updates outside of store hours.

I do believe that the stock will increase drastically over the next few weeks as well but i dont think the demand to supply ratio will stabilize to the point where you can walk into any store and buy any model until after holiday season.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Hi bunnicula, how are the lines in SF? Did you need to go to the store by 10am?

Not sure yet. I just got here yesterday afternoon. I might swing one in the AM. I suspect the lines will be long.

----------

I believe that the people that are at the actual store get the first pick on what is available when they open in the morning and then whatever is left is what you see available for in store pick up online. but it is possible that the 2are totally separate because sometimes the stock updates outside of store hours.

I do believe that the stock will increase drastically over the next few weeks as well but i dont think the demand to supply ratio will stabilize to the point where you can walk into any store and buy any model until after holiday season.

I think they're totally separate stocks.

FunkyTang

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Wanted unlocked? We advised to use the mobile app on twitter as it was working despite the site down, many scored theirs.

When the site opened, stock vanished quickly... but still a few avail depending on your area

Hey iStockNow, any chance you can wake up your programmer(s) and fix the map's store bubbles under Safari on the iPhone 6, so folks can see the entire store stock list? See pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.